IMU due on second homes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IMU due on second homes

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Your IMU must be paid by now
avatar
Admin
Admin

Location : Italy
Posts : 697
Join date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Flip on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Actually it's by the 17th....
avatar
Flip
Elder

Location : nr. Bagni Di Lucca. LU
Posts : 796
Join date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Hmmmm - that was supposed to be a calendar post but for some reason it has ended up here. Most odd. I'll investigate Idea
avatar
Admin
Admin

Location : Italy
Posts : 697
Join date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

BRAVA !!!!!

Post by Vicino on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Penny,
I have 'kept my powder dry' whilst your forum is settling in, having watched how it is progressing................(I gave up on t'other one some time ago.........)
It is SUPERB !!!!!! Fancy having some actual help, such as the calendar !!!
There is a LOT to share even with us oldies...............keep sharing.
I hope you are not doing this on your own? Sadly, there is more work for you,.............you also need to continue with your own very knowledgeable contribrutions which I have valued greatly over the years.
V
avatar
Vicino
Elder

Posts : 514
Join date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Flip on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Vicino, I think I can say without derision . YOU ARE VERY WELCOME. I'm sure everyone here is more than glad to pass on any valuable/interesting/informative information they have about any manner of diverse subjects.
avatar
Flip
Elder

Location : nr. Bagni Di Lucca. LU
Posts : 796
Join date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:38 pm

I have merci'd but it seems you can only merci once. I'll definitely have to look into it!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Location : Italy
Posts : 697
Join date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Casa Monal on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:51 am

Just a quick pop in, lunch time:lol:
 
IMU is due today.  We paid ours through the bank, quick and easy. Completed F24 x 2 which is available on line through the bank.
avatar
Casa Monal
Elder

Posts : 183
Join date : 2013-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Carciofo on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Can anyone enlighten me about the filling in of the F24 form online.  

We paid our IMU last summer by going to a commercialista who did it for us, but a final instalment needed to be paid once the comune decided what rate to charge and I think that needed to be paid by the end of December.  I assumed it would be possible to just follow the previous example, applying the new % but somehow, it just wasn't that easy.  As a result we owe an instalment (and probably interest or a fine) from last year as well as this year's IMU (which will also be paid late cause we won't be in italy by the deadline).  I can see my ignorance/stupidity becoming rather costly.  Are there any foolproof guides?

Carciofo
Elder

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Casa Monal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:43 am

Carciofo wrote:Can anyone enlighten me about the filling in of the F24 form online.  

We paid our IMU last summer by going to a commercialista who did it for us, but a final instalment needed to be paid once the comune decided what rate to charge and I think that needed to be paid by the end of December.  I assumed it would be possible to just follow the previous example, applying the new % but somehow, it just wasn't that easy.  As a result we owe an instalment (and probably interest or a fine) from last year as well as this year's IMU (which will also be paid late cause we won't be in italy by the deadline).  I can see my ignorance/stupidity becoming rather costly.  Are there any foolproof guides?



We also used a commercialista the first time i.e. June 2012. I just copied the exact data to the F24 for December 2012 and again for this June. Log into your bank account and select payment F24, assuming of course you have a bank account. You can select the year you want to pay from the drop down box on the F24. When we were in Italy in May, I called in at the commune, also saw the commercialista in the local bar and both confirmed that the rates for 2013 had not been confirmed so to pay the same amount as last year until further notice. Our Italian bank has the facility to save and store copies of F24 on line. After payment has been made, they add proof of payment. 
avatar
Casa Monal
Elder

Posts : 183
Join date : 2013-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Carciofo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Casa Monal wrote:

We also used a commercialista the first time i.e. June 2012. I just copied the exact data to the F24 for December 2012 and again for this June. Log into your bank account and select payment F24, assuming of course you have a bank account. You can select the year you want to pay from the drop down box on the F24. When we were in Italy in May, I called in at the commune, also saw the commercialista in the local bar and both confirmed that the rates for 2013 had not been confirmed so to pay the same amount as last year until further notice. Our Italian bank has the facility to save and store copies of F24 on line. After payment has been made, they add proof of payment. 

Thanks for that suggestion.  I did try to replicate the information from the previous F24 form in our bank website but I suspect the problem is that my understanding of bureaucratic italian is virtually nil and I gave up.  I think I'll have another go because it might save us a trip to Equitalia whose closest office is about 40 km away from our house.

Carciofo
Elder

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Flying pigs on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:53 pm

We got our F24 from the Commune.  We took all the official papers we had and they printed it off within minutes (of us getting to the front of the queue).  Then we just took it to the bank and paid it.  However, they only gave us one copy and the bank needed three, but rather than face the mad English woman again on another day he sighed and photocopied it.

We have found an office called Confagricultura.  They haeped us process our grant for olives and we have since found out they can sort the IMU and rifuti out for a very small fee.  They seem to be a small agency to help farmers with all their financial matters.  It looks like a quasi government agency.

Flying pigs
Moderator

Posts : 79
Join date : 2013-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by DarcyDog on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Confagricoltura is a farming Union. They are also an office to help you with official government paperwork. I'm not sure they'll help you if you're not a farmer but there other equivalents. You need a CAAF office CAAF - (Centro Autorizzato di Assistenza Fiscale).

_________________
Vita e Terra - Life from the Earth Name an olive tree with us

Vita e Terra Blog - A Ligurian olive grove reborn
avatar
DarcyDog
Elder

Location : Apricale, Liguria
Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-05-16

http://www.vitaeterra.com

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Casa Monal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

@Carciofo – when I quote your post, I can only type within your post Question Strange cyclops
 

Don’t be put off by the fact that the form is in Italian. I speak & understand the most basic Italian. I used Google translate and kept it open in a separate window. When you press ‘confirm’ and there is data missing, it will tell you and what is missing and that text I dropped into Google translate and just filled in all the blanks step by step.
avatar
Casa Monal
Elder

Posts : 183
Join date : 2013-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Carciofo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Casa Monal wrote:@Carciofo – when I quote your post, I can only type within your post Question Strange cyclops
 

I had the same problem previously but a clever and helpful forum member (whose name I don't remember I'm sorry to say Mad) posted these alternative solutions and I used the second of the two alternatives.

"There's a way round the quote button issue. Either of these will work.

a) type the following {Quote= insert name} *********** {/Quote} and where I've put the asterisks copy and paste your desired quote, replace 'insert name' with the name of the member you are quoting and finally replace the wiggly { } brackets with  the square ones [ ].

or, and this is probably quicker and easier

b) Press the quote button as normal. The desired quote will then appear highlighted. Then before you start to enter your post details click on the 'Switch Editor Mode' button on the panel above (it's the one on the end of the block with the smileys and looks like a page). Once clicked, move the cursor a couple of lines below the [/Quote] mark and type away as normal."

Carciofo
Elder

Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: IMU due on second homes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum