The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Licence

5 posters

Go down

TV Licence Empty TV Licence

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:59 am

I learnt something new today.  Apparently you do not need to have a TV licence if you download UK programmes, in the UK after they they have been broadcasted.  I assume it is the same here in Italy, you don'tneed a licence when downloading UK programmes.....?  Any advice appreciated....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

TV Licence Empty Re: TV Licence

Post by Flip Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:24 pm

A piece of advice, if you have previously had a TV  licence over here, I would advise you continue to pay it as it's a devils own job to try and unsubscribe (according to a friend of ours) they tried notifying Rai, over this and basically they said if you own a TV then you have to pay whether you use it for Italian programs or not, because a TV is 'capable' of receiving Italian programs therefore you must pay. They will automatically fine you if not renewed and this will increase until someone decides to do something about it (not sure what).
So best not to buy one at all in my book so you don't appear on their records.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Italian law is an ass in this regard.  If you have a tv then you must pay.  A monitor that is also a tv, you must pay.  Only tablets and phones are exempt.  If you tell the GdF that you dont watch your tv they will send round a man who puts in a bag, seals it and then you dont have to pay.    Any apparatus that is capable of receiving a signal is eligible for the canone.   Its my pet hate.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:54 pm

So Modi, just to confirm....if you download UK TV here, and watch on tv screen or laptop in Italy (after it has been screened in UK) you need a TV licence here...Thx.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 pm

We just keep stum.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Angela, if you are in possession of a TV set in Italy that is functional i.e. works and is able to pick up a TV signal whether it or not you have one connected via aerial or dish; then it is deemed as requiring a Licence.
It does not matter a jot whether you only play DVDs or use it to as a monitor for a laptop, in Italian eyes because it is ''able to be connected'' then you must pay.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:25 pm

Last I looked (when we were sent a reminder by RAI), if you have a device that can show TV (phone, pc or TV), then you should have a licence. That was 2 years ago, I told them on the reply card that we did not have a "TV" and would never watch rubbish Italian programs. We've had nothing back from them since, but you never know.... Friends actually had a UK TV, paid for a licence years back, then never again. RAI also wrote to them and they replied they had disposed of the said TV. They actually came back asking where and for proof! They replied with the address of a UK rubbish dump and told them they could merrily contact them if needed - 2 years back and nothing yet back from them..

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:05 pm

flip,we have a TV licence but do know of many who don't and download all sorts and watch sport etc as and when it's happening.....was just wondering if we ever get ADSL we could (possibly) not have to pay the licence fee but it seems not, as would want to watch on something bigger than a tablet.....Oh well, nevermind the TV licence fee can be paid in installments after all.......
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Once you're in the  'System' Angela, they basically have you, if you've never had one and therefore invisible you will get away with it, like Ghiro says keep stchum....
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:43 pm

I wish...too late now.....No ADSL here so had to buy a cheap Lidl dish just to watch World News on, that is why we were caught..... an expensive lesson learnt Flip !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Have you tried Filmon? also here are a few sites to increase your viewing pleasure.
http://watchseries.lt/
http://tvseries.net/
http://streamallthis.is/tv-shows-list.html
run with AdBlock plus no worries.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

TV Licence Empty ADSL

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Angela Fuller wrote:flip,we have a TV licence but do know of many who don't and download all sorts and watch sport etc as and when it's happening.....was just wondering if we ever get ADSL we could (possibly) not have to pay the licence fee but it seems not, as would want to watch on something bigger than a tablet.....Oh well, nevermind the TV licence fee can be paid in installments after all.......

As a minor aside here, I think Italy should forget ADSL and go for increased/more reliable 4g/5g. Keep checking your coverage, ours is still 3g, but in 4 years it's has improved 100% in terms of reliability and speed.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum