The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV licence news

+5
alan h
modicasa
Cassini
Panner
Angela Fuller
9 posters

Go down

TV licence news Empty TV licence news

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:42 am

Further to the discussion about electricity bills, this may be of interest...

TV licence news Safe_image.php?d=AQCt3UAXf5Fb-_DD&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.fanpage.it%2Fsocialmediafanpage%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F11%2Fcanone-rai-aumentto-pd-pdl

Canone Rai 2016 in bolletta: si potrà non pagare?
Da gennaio 2016 il canone Rai si pagherà assieme alla bolletta dell'energia elettrica, in dieci rate da 10 euro. Ecco cosa fare per (provare a) non pagarlo (nel caso se ne abbia diritto, ovviamente).
www.fanpage.it
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

TV licence news Empty Re: TV licence news

Post by Panner Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:03 am

According to my bank the TV licence will be collected at E10 per month for 10 months through the electricity bill. Total cost E100, a reduction from previous year. For 2016 the payments will start with the July electric bill and include previous months.

Per the bank:

Con l'entrata in vigore della Legge di Stabilità 2016, dal 1° gennaio 2016 il pagamento del Canone TV sarà addebitato con la bolletta dell'energia elettrica.

·        per l'anno 2016 è prevista la riduzione dell'importo da 113,50 euro a 100 euro all'anno;
·        il pagamento avverrà con addebito sulle fatture emesse dalle aziende di distribuzione di energia elettrica in dieci rate mensili;
·     per chi paga la bolletta bimestrale, l'addebito in fattura sarà di 20 euro per bolletta e l'intero ammontare sarà quindi pagato in cinque bollette;
·  solo per l'anno 2016, il canone verrà addebitato a partire da luglio e sarà retroattivo, saranno comprese quindi tutte le rate precedenti.

Panner
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:55 am

It seems you have to fill in a form to declare you do not have a TV to avoid an automatic electricity bill charge. I haven't been able to find this form yet. Anyone been able to or know where it can be found?
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:02 am

Not this year-  They will take 70 euros in July and the rest over the next two bills.
of course it is fundamentally flawed, as most people get only 6 bills a year so how they will take it in monthly sums is a mystery.

You will pay on your prima casa if you are a resident.  If you are a nonresident it seems you will not pay.  Now there will be many people who switch to nonresident tariffs I suspect....

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alan h Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 am

modicasa wrote:............You will pay on your prima casa if you are a resident.  If you are a non-resident it seems you will not pay.  Now there will be many people who switch to non-resident tariffs I suspect....

At last - a benefit for being non-resident!!!!!! Very Happy
alan h
alan h
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanaccio Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Somewhere on the internet I found an outline of a letter that one could send to Torino asking for an exemption from the tax if you do not have a TV.   I sent it in about a month ago; have heard back nothing.   Would be good to keep folks abreast of breaking news; would like to hear from someone who has had their request approved.

stefanaccio

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:01 am

The old exemption was for the Guardia di FInanza not RAI - you had to prove you didnt have a television - one of the great italian conundrums - proving you haven't/didnt/wouldnt.   The new licence will only be for residents.  If you are a resident in Italy and have no tv, then you must apply for an exemption (at the moment there is no mode of doing this - they're working on it) If you are non resident you should not get the additional amount on your leccy bill.

modicasa
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks for all the inside info. I'll be optimistic that as non resident we need do nothing.
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:13 am

I add... 'at the moment'  to all the responses above however!

modicasa
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:06 am

I was just checking the RAI FAQ's regarding the TV Licence and non-residents do have to pay the licence. See here.

If you have more than one property in Italy then you only pay once.

If you have a business (e.g. B&B etc) then your licence (so called special licence) fee will not be collected via the ENEL bill.

You have to make a declaration to the Agenzia delle Entrate saying you do not have a TV to be exempted from the licence. This has to be made every year! See here.

Here is the form to fill in for an exemption. You need to send it to this address:

Agenzia delle Entrate – Ufficio Torino 1 Sat – Sportello abbonamenti tv – Casella Postale 22 - 10121 – Torino

Raccomandato only.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the form)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:34 am

But if ENEL can only make you pay if you have resident tariff, how the heckety darn will they be able to work out who has a prima casa somewhere else and who doesnt?  Are we assuming that someone somewhere can use a computer?

modicasa
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 pm

From what I understand, firstly the TV Licence fee has been reduced to €100 that will be taken out of ones ENEL bill from 1st July 2016 in 10 monthly instalments. So if you previously paid the fee via Bank/Post Office etc then now it will all be on your electricity bill from July. TV Bill payments details here.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:31 pm

It will be 10 installments usually but this year (2016) it will be €70 in July then €10 each month after that as Modi said.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 pm

Thank you for posting the links. I will soon submit the form - see what happens....
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Forgive me if I am incorrect. Have downloaded the form and read it. It is an old form. It appears to apply only to people who pay TV licences on their first home already and wish to exempt themselves from paying the tax on a second home. I can't see that it applies to non resident second home owners who do not have a TV.

Advice  or correction please?
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:40 am

It's the only form available at the moment. Otherwise you'll have to draw up your own declaration in Italian and submit it to the address I gave. Probably about a week before they're about to send the bill someone will issue an official form which as usual will leave you no possibility of submitting it in time!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:49 am

Thanks for the further advice. Will look again at the form and see how we could alter it creatively. His Nibs suggests telling them our first house is in England and we pay the BBC! I bet that would go down like a ton of stale bread. Straight in the bin!
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:25 am

OK folks. It looks like the definitive form has finally been released by the AdE here. The instructions (in Italian) are here. They basically say that the form must be filled out by the person in whose name the Electricity bill arrives.

If you want to say you possess no TV set at any address then you fill in Quadro A and put a cross in the first white box. If you have already declared that you have no TV then you put the date of that declaration in the box at the bottom of that section and tick the second white box.

Quadro B is for you to declare that someone else is paying via their electricity bill for the TV at your address.

For 2016 only
You must send it by post before 30/04/2016 (or telematically by 10/05/2016) for 2016.

For 2017 onwards
You must send your declaration after 1st July of the previous year and before 31st January of the year in question (ie the year the bill is due for).

If you start a new electricity supply in your name, you must send the declaration within 30 days of the activation of the new electricity account in your name.

The declaration is annual so you must remember to do it each year.

Postal Address
Send completed forms using raccomandata only, along with a copy of a valid id document (passport / carta d'identità) to:
Agenzia delle entrate
Ufficio Torino 1 - Sportello abbonamenti TV
Casella postale 22
10121Torino
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 16, 2016 8:12 am

Just a reminder that today is the last day you can send the exemption form. I also read today that for those who missed the deadline, you can send it prior to 30 June 2016 and be exempted for the last 6 months of 2016.

Remember that the form must NOT be placed in an envelope but should be folded twice (as if you were putting it in an envelope) sealed with sellotape (or scotch as they call it here) and send recorded delivery (raccomandata) to the address above.

The first payment of €70 will be collected in July's bill and the next 3 of €10 in the following 3 months.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by karenwilki Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:55 pm

I am a non resident in Italy and pay non resident electricity rate to ENEL. I contacted the TV Licence Authority a couple of days ago as I was concerned that I might inadvertently get fined for not paying it. They emailed me to say ENEL cannot take payment as I am a non resident. They indicated that I must pay the 100 euro for the licence in a single payment via the  F24 form not later than the 31st of October. However the codice etc information that I need to complete the form is apparently not yet available on the Agenzia d'Entrate website and I can't understand which part of the form it would go on to. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. Thanks

karenwilki
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down