The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A change to Ryan Air?

3 posters

Go down

A change to Ryan Air? Empty A change to Ryan Air?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:34 am

Perhaps this should be in as a suggestion for a "Ryan Air" section! MrO is at it again... Guardian LINK Very Happy

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

A change to Ryan Air? Empty Re: A change to Ryan Air?

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:39 am

I am afraid that those changes in attitude have more to do with this recent ruling by a Spanish court than Mr O'Leary's sudden generosity.
Spanish court rules against Ryanair
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:48 am

Gala none of those seem to be the changes brought about, except perhaps the boarding card charge, which in part still stands. He actually appears to be going a lot further than that... Personally I think it's just another of his publicity stunts and likely quite cheap publicity at that. Mind you I also think he had a good kicking from his share holders... All in all it suits him...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:26 pm

I was trying to find a link in English which could reflect what they said this morning on Spanish TV regarding O'Leary's change of mind. They were linking the court ruling with several complaints brought up by passengers throughout Europe. This is what I found that may cover the other part of what has been said: Complaints regarding Ryanair
On the other hand, if O'Leary decides to do nothing about improving service and conditions, he may start reducing the number of flights and destinations... and this will be very difficult for some people who have to rely on their services. The future will tell....
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

A change to Ryan Air? Empty RyanAir again... good and bad news...?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 am

Gala Placidia wrote:if O'Leary decides to do nothing about improving service and conditions, he may start reducing the number of flights and destinations... and this will be very difficult for some people who have to rely on their services. The future will tell....
Looks like the future is here.... small  extra bag allowed and pre-allocated seat in Feb next year... Down side is the talk of cuts to service in light of profit drop... BBC LINK

Last edited by stevegwmonkseaton on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Move link and add title)

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:39 am

I think that most of what has been announced was to be expected. Seat allocation was long overdue. The few times I have travelled with Ryanair (and that was a few years ago) I always paid for priority boarding, but this was never satisfactory. Reducing routes during the low season is customary for all airlines (not only low-cost).
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Ryanair have always had a bad name as far back as I can remember, but always made money. What surprises me with this announcement is the experience we have had of the only carrier we can use direct from Abruzzo (we can and have used Rome and Ancona ). It is the number of Italians using the service that made me think they must be doing well, all flights are full, now with 80-90% Italians.. Is it just this service that's like that?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:34 pm

I think that Ryanair is nowadays widely known and they cover quite a few European airports, regardless of point of origin and destination. From the top of my head, I can mention Madrid/Pisa, a route wich is mainly used by Italians and Spaniards.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by FBower Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:I think that Ryanair is nowadays widely known and they cover quite a few European airports, regardless of point of origin and destination. From the top of my head, I can mention Madrid/Pisa, a route wich is mainly used by Italians and Spaniards.
Don't forget Ciampino is a Ryanair hub aswell so even flying Rome to other Italian airports...

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down