The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fidoka internet extender/repeater

2 posters

Go down

Fidoka internet extender/repeater Empty Fidoka internet extender/repeater

Post by strawberrystar Tue May 28, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi everyone

We have internet provided by Fidoka at our house which has been great. However, they provided us with a teeny tiny Mikrotek router. The signal has been surprisingly good considering the size of the router. However, it doesn’t quite cover our whole house. I have spoken to Fidoka and they have proposed a ridiculously expensive solution which would need to be installed by them. I was thinking of just purchasing a wireless extender on Amazon and sorting it myself but I wondered if anyone else has done this and how they found it? I am concerned I’ll end up buying one that is not compatible, so any successful attempts with products and models would be a real help. Failing that, I have been looking at the TP Link AC1750, just in case anyone knows any obvious reason that won’t work!

Many thanks!

strawberrystar
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Fidoka internet extender/repeater Empty Re: Fidoka internet extender/repeater

Post by Geotherm Wed May 29, 2019 1:39 pm

Do not know why my reply did not come through, so here we go again.
Try your local computer shop as a wi-fi extender is not a great cost. My TPlink one was about E29.
Setting up is fairly easy, as it should use your existing router address. If you are cable connected router/comp you will probably have to disconnect that cable to let the extender find the wi-fi signal.
Hope this helps
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down