The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online shopping

4 posters

Go down

Online shopping Empty Online shopping

Post by Hazy Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 am

Now Amazon has stopped the free delivery I tried Debenhams and ordered a few items - 2 I really wanted and 4 more that I wasn't fussed about to pad out the order to justify the delivery charge. 40 minutes after placing the order I got a mail to say 2 items were unavailable - the ones I most wanted, of course. I mailed back to say I wanted to cancel the whole order but was told any cancellations had to be made within 30 minutes of placing the order - pretty difficult when they didn't let me know about the unavailable items until that time had passed! After a great deal of stroppy mails on my part they have agreed to refund the postage when I return the parcel. When I checked online 12 hours after placing my order one of the unavailable items was still shown as in stock - shoddy system.
I also had a look online for 'Debenhams bad customer service' and I found many disgruntled customers.
So be warned re this sort of cancellation deadline - I don't know if any other retailers eg John Lewis, M&S have this limitation.

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Online shopping Empty Re: Online shopping

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks for the information, not a shop we have ever used, no reason other than there not being one in our area when we lived in the UK. We've used John Lewis here twice and did so often in the UK. I quite sure their stock control is a lot better than Debenhams (can't believe such poor service). When on their site it tell you quite clearly when an item is not in stock, to the point of annoyance to be honest! Like I've said previously JL charge £7.50 per order (not item) for delivery to Italy. Not every item is "international", but they seem to be adding to it all the time and you can narrow your search to those that are... I'm sure Debenhams 30 minutes statement cannot be legal as delivery is a paid for service and they were not delivering what they said they would. Sounds to be that they have it terribly wrong with their online shopping.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 am

Do Amazon.it charge for delivery
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Online shopping Empty Amazon.IT delivery charges

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 am

pas55 wrote:Do Amazon.it charge for delivery

Only ordered one item from amazon.it and it was completed by Amazon.eur  and there was a €6.26 charge on an €8.29 item! But it was still cheaper than buying in the shops here in Italy (jump leads we needed fast). I suspect it will be like any Amazon, some delivery will be free. A kindle on there does have free delivery. However what I've found in the last 6 months or so is that Amazon is no longer the cheap place it used to be and have had many examples when searching for goods, latest a specific Segate external hard drive, cheaper at PC World in the UK. Looking at Mediaworld site an external disk here (Western Digital) is almost the same price as in the UK...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Re Amazon.it charges, they vary greatly mostly due to the fact that a lot of Items are from companies on mainland Europe, and if they are in say Germany or France there is a good chance there will be a postage charge. 
You always can check on postage before finally ordering and if it seems excessive (I had wanted a CD posted from Germany but that the postage was more than the CD so cancelled) stop the order process.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down