The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping at Conad

+2
ghiro
Flip
6 posters

Go down

Shopping at Conad Empty Shopping at Conad

Post by ghiro Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Conad was rammed today.  Mayhem.  The bloke in front of me at the check-out managed to nick my first item (6 bottles of San Pellegrino) and load it onto his trolly.  After I had had 'words' with him he returned them, rather sheepishly. Embarassed 

Be that as it may the cashier than gave me a pamphlet about redeeming my Conad Loyalty Points.  As I understand it, between now and 10 Jan 2016, you can get cash vouchers as follows:
400 points - a voucher for €5
800 points - 2 vouchers for €6
1200 points - 3 vouchers for €7
The vouchers must be spent by the end of Feb 2016 and one voucher can used/€25 of shopping.

Which goes to prove, if you shop there, that having a Conad 'Carta Insieme' is well worthwhile as it also exclusively entitles you to BOGOF and other offers in store.

What I don't know (it was busy today!) is whether you get the vouchers from the check-out or whether you need to go to customer services. Sad
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Shopping at Conad Empty Re: Shopping at Conad

Post by Flip Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:06 pm

We hate Conad, lacklustre shopping at inflated prices. Esselunga on the other hand is brill much better quality at less price.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:36 pm

I can't argue with you Flip.  Our nearest Esselunga is some 30km round trip away - so I have no experience.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:45 pm

I have to agree on Gonad, it's not very good here either, but as for Esselunga, well they don't exist. IPER is a bit the same with the old loyalty card and as I'm sure the Italians don't have a clue what to do with your data, it's well worth having...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:39 am

Our nearest Conad is approx a 30k round trip.  No Esselunga anywhere that I know of.  It's Eurospin everytime for me, cheaper than both of the above and reasonable quality.  Items you once could not get there are now being stocked.
If you are on a budget it is the place to shop.  I do know many holiday home owners tell their property managers not to shop for the 'welcome pack' from there as the products are cheap and insist on them using the up-market supermarkets....Then next thing you see the holiday makers in Eurospin stocking up for the week !  Seems there is like in UK quite alot of 'snob' value as to where you shop.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:53 am

Well, I think that I should add something to clarify Flip's remarks. Our Esselunga, Marlia really, has just been totally renovated and it is superb. All other supermarkets look a bit outdated. On the other hand, I have a different approach. I try to spread out my shopping to help ALL businesses in the area. Also, Leclerq in Gallicano, although older than Esselunga, is still excellent and offers a great variety of products. We have some great shopping facilities in Bagni di Lucca. Cannot complain....
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:04 am

Yes Gala, although I tend to do my main shop in Eurospin (both stores near me have been renovated and re-sited in the last 2years ) and certainly are not dated,  I do however use a Punto store closer for convenience as I like to support them when I can, so for everyday necessaties that is where I go....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:07 am

I don't like Conad for one thing the meat is not Italian, I shop for daily things from Punto Simply, all their meat is Italian and about once a week we go to Coop, We do like Esselunga for their special offers though.

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down