The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't come to Italy

5 posters

Go down

Don't come to Italy Empty Don't come to Italy

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat May 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Don't come to Italy LINK  Could it be you next, where does anti-immigration end?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Don't come to Italy Empty Re: Don't come to Italy

Post by Flip Sun May 11, 2014 8:37 am

Promo by Lega Nord ....says it all really.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun May 11, 2014 9:28 am

It was more a gentle reminder that most of us are the foreigners here in Italy....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 pm

It isn't that my default position is to be offensive to other forum users, but did you consider, steve, how utterly irrelevant the comment with which you chose to introduce your link to a report about desperate asylum seekers (even given that it emanated from Lega Nord) was?

"Could it be you next" - oh please -  no Brit is likely to arrive on Italian shores in a tiny sinking craft. And I cannot imagine that you would accept that since the Brit was entering "illegally" they should be left to drown? I am left wondering if you belong to UKIP. Get your head together, or engage brain before posting. (All IMO, of course.)

The other analysis in the article (even though it came from Lega Nord) informing immigrants that Italy isn't a cushy number, and that Italy is in a desperate situation economicaly, I believe is completely valid.
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Tue May 13, 2014 5:02 am

IMO it was a perfectly legitimate comment - you must have seen Tea with Mussolini - how a group of little old ladies became POW's.  This is exactly the same - the Lega NOrds insidious nationalism is dangerous.   And knowing how Italy is so very good at making indistinct laws which catch all but none, its perfectly possible that the little toads in the Lega (if in government) could pass a law making it necessary for all 'foreigners' to become Italian.  That would apply to Brits too.   Don't pick on Steve for making a point - rather think about what history has taught us and dont adopt the head in the sand mentality - that it could never happen to you.  The world is changing very fast, as it did in the20/30s.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 13, 2014 8:57 am

I totally agree with Modi. It may not even emanate from Italy. Who really thinks that if (big if) the UK withdraws from the EU, or gets concessions on EU citizens settling in the UK, that they will for even a second consider the thousands of us that have left the UK and now live in the EU under the same legislation?
I'm filling in my Italian citizenship papers as we speak. My whole life and everything I have ever worked for is here and some dumb bureaucrat is not going to F**K it up for me!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue May 13, 2014 11:38 am

The Original Relaxed wrote:It isn't that my default position is to be offensive to other forum users, but did you consider, steve, how utterly irrelevant the comment with which you chose to introduce your link to a report about desperate asylum seekers (even given that it emanated from Lega Nord) was?"Could it be you next" - oh please -  no Brit is likely to arrive on Italian shores in a tiny sinking craft. And I cannot imagine that you would accept that since the Brit was entering "illegally" they should be left to drown? I am left wondering if you belong to UKIP. Get your head together, or engage brain before posting. (All IMO, of course.)The other analysis in the article (even though it came from Lega Nord) informing immigrants that Italy isn't a cushy number, and that Italy is in a desperate situation economicaly, I believe is completely valid.

Lax you brain at times is stuck in that glass and about the same size!  Smile  Smile  Smile  At least some others see the point, it's intention was not simply about the poor immigrants, it's where it could all end up. Many may not see that there is a possible future consequence to it for us all.

Last edited by stevegwmonkseaton on Tue May 13, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of a "space" and smiles)

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue May 13, 2014 11:55 am

My My Lax, someone got out the wrong side of the Letto this morning. What happened to the basic right to free speech and opinions?
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down