The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy

2 posters

Go down

DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy Empty DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:47 pm

This with a couple of drill bits looks like a good deal! Anything bought with it takes you over £100, so free delivery to Italy. Seems this is a specific model Screwfix have arranged with Bosch. Although I do try to buy most things local, this type of thing is just far too expensive here...  Rolling Eyes

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy Empty Re: DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy

Post by Flip Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Not bad but I saw a similar power (non generic make) drill in my local Brico Centre for €65. So unless you need a professional drill made by Bosch, I'd look elsewhere.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy Empty Might have done the job...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Flip wrote:Not bad but I saw a similar power (non generic make) drill in my local Brico Centre for €65. So unless you need a professional drill made by Bosch, I'd look elsewhere.

That might well have done the job as I can't see the drill being used in the same way as a strimmer. But if this drill is anything like the strimmer we bought at our local Brico store, then you only get what you pay for it! Granted the job it was being asked to do was massive, but it only lasted 2-3 weeks, following 2-3 visits to the place designated under the guarantee and one to a local guy as it was just too far ... We had to give up on it as a lesson learned. I'd be happy enough going to the local ferramenta as we are well known there, live near by and are sure they would sort out any issues, but the starting cost (they sell Bosch, Makita and a few Axel) is just too prohibitive for us.... 
Just as an aside, my little 18v Makita cordless, even with the best of nits won't go anywhere near the concrete here... I borrowed the visiting builders SDS they left overnight last time and could not believe the difference.  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy Empty Re: DIY - SDS drill looks a good buy

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down