The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Language schools in Le Marche

3 posters

Go down

Language schools in Le Marche Empty Language schools in Le Marche

Post by anniet2 Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Can anyone recommend a language school in Le Marche?  Since ceasing lessons after taking A level Italian three years, my grasp of la belle lingua is slowly decreasing and I particularly need to improve my spoken Italian.
Thank you.

anniet2
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Language schools in Le Marche Empty Re: Language schools in Le Marche

Post by Vicino Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:52 am

Wow ! A level Italian...................I have (possibly) primary school level Italian and I get by fine !

It should be a breeze for you here ! Laughing  but well done for trying to get even better !

Not sure where about in Le Marche you are but there are a number of individual tutors that I know. Also, some of the communes are providing free classes, but I don't know how good they are.

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:44 pm

You are doing the right thing. Fluency may be lost if you do not practice the language and the best way to do this is through an immersion course. This list may be of help http://www.myitalianlanguageschools.com/italian-courses-in-italy/marche.htm
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by anniet2 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Thank you Vicino, but I did say it was three years ago! I have forgotten loads since then and now lack confidence when talking to my neighbour.   It would be great to speak Italian every day when in England but lets get real!  I do have a Hugo language course with books and audio cassettes but I lack self-motivation i.e. I need to be with someone else or in a small group hence my query about language schools.  Unfortunately few schools/colleges offer Italian in England.
Thank you Gala, do you know how to find out which ones are worthwhile?
Thank you both for your replies.

anniet2
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 pm

In general, before choosing a language school, it would be wise to look at their accreditations, whether they are recognized by the Italian government and whether they are an authorized CELI exam center. On the other hand, it would be important to check whether there are any reviews from former students. Class size and student/teacher ratio are also important.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by anniet2 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Thank you Gala for your sound advice.

anniet2
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content