The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuts....

+10
L'uomodellaluna
Lisa C.
lancashire lass
Admin
modicasa
ghiro
Gala Placidia
stevegwmonkseaton
Angela Fuller
Vicino
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Nuts.... - Page 6 Empty Nuts....

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

I have been told to lower my cholesterol by the doctor here.  I already have a low cholesterol diet and have done for years and eat mainly fish and chicken.   I have been sent a link to a BBC programme all about lowering cholesterol by a friend and it seems oats and certain nuts are the way to go.....  However, I find nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds) very expensive to buy here, even in Eurospin !  Does anyone know of any cheap suppliers that sell big bags at a reasonable cost ?  Many thx.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Nuts.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Nuts....

Post by Flip Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:17 pm

On the subject of Kefir, we came across our local Esselunga selling Milk with kefir added; so not to be a one for not sticking my neck out, I purchased some with the thought of adding it to some cereal in the morning. Must say it was disgusting, the milk had taken on a sort of gelatinous/slimy  consistency and the taste was, well interesting is a polite description.  It reminded me of that Aloe drink you can get which again will never grace the inside of our fridge, too much cholesterol had never appeared so appealing after that.  No
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Eurospin has been selling it for quite a while...I prefer it made with goats milk rather than cows milk but I expect you would turn your nose up at that too...each to their own........
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Probably so Old Girl.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:02 am

Why poost about Kefir on a 'Nut' thread when there is a Kefir thread.....think you are the one loosing your marbles 'Old thing'.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Angie, this article on the properties of the different types of nuts may interest you. Prices quoted are those of the US market; however, they give an interesting perspective.
http://www.wisebread.com/the-best-and-worst-nuts-by-nutrition-and-price
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:44 am

Thanks for that Gala, I'm going for the mixed nuts just now in museli or just to snack on...love them but do limit the amount....everything in moderation.  Hope all is good with you both.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Excellent choice, Angie. As different varieties have each their own beneficial properties, you are getting a good balance. And to mix them with natural muesli is also great for you. 
We are fine, Angie, but it was scary when my husband was told that he had to have open heart surgery, involving a double bypass and a valve replacement. Fortunately, the problem was detected at an early stage and his operation and recovery have gone extremely well. Thanks, Angie.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Fantastic news Gala....so pleased to hear all is going well, have been thinking of you.....Angie
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum