The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Will - Italian Property

5 posters

Go down

UK Will - Italian Property Empty UK Will - Italian Property

Post by alan h Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:09 am

My will is written in the UK, as that is where I live. 

I have a property [registered only to me, not me and my wife] in Italy, which , when I 'pass over' I want to go to my 2 children, bypassing [with her full agreement] my wife.  The property is not mentioned at present in my UK will.  Property is only worth about Euros 100K

Do I need an Italian will, or is there a 'form of words' that I can add to my UK Will [with the words being accompanied by a certificated translation] that will do the job?

I don't mind paying for the words/translation, but do jib at £500 plus for a full Italian Will pus translation in the UK

Any advice?

Alan
alan h
alan h
Elder

Back to top Go down

UK Will - Italian Property Empty Re: UK Will - Italian Property

Post by Geotherm Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Hopefully Charlotte Oliver will answer this for you, or you could send her a PM.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Certainly Charlotte Oliver is the right person to give you an answer; however, I understand that it may be possible to add a codicil to your existing UK will and this should not be too expensive... Just an idea.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:05 am

As Geo suggests, best to PM Charlotte.  She was very helpful to us and provided us with codicils.  There is quite alot of info Alan H if you look at 'Wills' on the site.....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:19 am

I think you can stipulate in your UK will as your residence/nationality takes precedence over where the property is.  Under italian law you wouldnt have the optino to bypass your wife, so you are right to stipulate the conditions in your UK will.   When the time comes though, it will still have to be translated and published in Italy and then the succession done in Italy.  As said above though, Charlotte is the font of all knowledge on wills.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down