The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marmite

+3
Angela Fuller
Geotherm
Vicino
7 posters

Go down

Marmite Empty Marmite

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:12 am

Has anyone seen it here....?   Stocks are running low..I know I can buy it from The British Foodshop, but do not need to place an order just yet....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Marmite Empty Re: Marmite

Post by Vicino Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Halal, Tolentino had some last week Crying or Very sad awful stuff !! Very Happy

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:28 pm

Thx V,  will go get some asap...just love it X
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 am

A petition to Lidl may be in order...

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Went to Tolentino today. Had bought Marmite before from the Asian shop and today they had Bovril as well. Both were at 3.50 a 125gm jar. Also saw they had Heinz baked beans (1.50 a can), as Lidl seems to have stopped stocking their brand and also the lovely pork Dulano sausages were mising, as was the pate.
Will have to take a ride over to Ascoli to see if they still do the above.
If any of you like Basmati rice, then buy the PAK brand which is by far the best. It is in fairly bright yellow bags.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Geo !!!!!!!!!!!

pork Dulano sausages were missing????????????? Am I reading this correctly !??

I'm up there next week and will chain myself to the trolleys ! I have tried LOADS of others and these are perfect for me and have been so for years !

Glad to hear of the Heinz beans though !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Unless they had just run out V, but there was no label there or a empty space. Dulano pate has just completely disappeared. Same with their baked beans.
Don't know if any of the forum members live near the Ascoli branch who may be able to update us if it still available there?
Pity we cannot set up a small local community to maybe order from the British Food Shop, as dry foods and chilled foods are priced at different courier rates. 30kg dry £11.99, 18kg chilled 24.99(or half price for over £100 worth)
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:34 am

Oh no Geo, no Dulano pate and no baked beans...disaster, Maybe they are getting rid of all tthe foods British people like as not many will be coming here now to live !  Thx for the info though and also like the idea of a small community group to be set up to buy from the British Foodshop, not sure though how it would work.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 am

Angie.
The Dulano products were more German than British, so do not think that would be the case. Baked beans maybe!!
With the British food shop, then if a few of us order who live fairly locally, then I would not mind having the delivery to here and then we split the delivery cost, then we could arrange the best method for a collection or a meet up.
I would pay in £'s for the order but anyone can pay in Euros at the site price or if the XE com rate is better then at that rate.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Vicino

Did you have any luck finding the sausages or baked beans in the Tolentino Lidl?
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:10 am

Apparently Geo, Baked Beans are back at Lidls.....!!!
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:38 pm

G,

I was there last week and spoke with a lady working there, sausages now appear to be a product of theirs no more !! I pushed her as hard as I could but she seemed pretty adamant. They did have plenty of other Dulano products though, which maybe is a plus?

A, I did not see the Lidl beans  ..... I am going to lose weight !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Thanks V.
As Dulano is owned by Lidl, then I wonder if it is just a local management decision. Would be a shame if it is as would have to go to Ascoli if they still carry them. Will try to email them to see if I can get a answer on those and the pate!!
They also used to do a Nescafe type gold blend coffee as well as original, but the gold blend has also disappeared.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 am

Lidl baked beans are always there, but they have changed the packaging so now its only in italian,  fagioli in salsa di pomodoro.....

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:28 am

Typical of the Brits isn't it; with Brexit looming and uncertainty over whether UK Passport holders will be allowed to remain in Italy, at least for the meantime we can get our Marmite, Baked Beans, Instant Coffee (YUK), Sausages and Bovril...... 
Laughing
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 am

There must be something wrong with me! I don't eat baked beans, drink instant coffee or eat sausages (except Italian ones with meat in them) and as for marmite!!!!(yuk) and yet if you cut me i would have Manchester stamped all the way through like a stick of Blackpool rock. Just goes to show not all Brits are the same!

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:18 am

Each to their own L Lass.  I don't like Italian sausages as so full of salt and gristle.  i do like baked beans and they, apparently are made in Italy !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Brexit is still 2 years away if that,who knows what will happen.

As regards to liking different foods, then it is a personal choice.
Sausages, the Lidl ones I believe are made in Germany and do not have the high salt and gristle that Angie has also said.
Coffee, we also use a cafetiere for French, Nescaffe as a quick solution and also Italian.
Having traveled a lot, I see that there is a great variety of flavours available, so why not avail yourself of what you can get.
I go to the Asian shop and get samosa's which I had for lunch today, plus things like mango chutney etc. The Chinese one for spring rolls and decent size crab and the online Thai shop for many other things.
We eat very little Italian as the vegetable selection is about the most basic I have ever seen. Mainly it is Chinese/Thai style with a Chilli con Carne every now and again.
Over the last 10 days or so, we have had a Thai style fish curry, stir fried sliced chicken with basil, finely sliced pork with Pak Choy in oyster sauce, red roast pork fillet. Tonight is a pasta with pesto sauce for a change. Later this week probably Singapore chilli crab.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 pm

We ourselves, eat a very varied diet, as we generally only eat fish/seafood or Vegetables, and must say the selection of vegetables we get here Geo, is fantastic lots of variety and good quality, must be down to location I suppose if you only get the 'most basic', can't remember the last time we didn't have an enormous selection, maybe try a different Supermarket, Lidls are very limited anyway. As for coffee, as my wife is from Napoli we only have Kimbo as personally I can't stand any instant coffee, also Marmite I have fallen out of love with as it never seems the same without it spread on thick white Sunblest bread.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed May 10, 2017 8:02 am

And if everything fails, Brexit has terrible consequences on the import of British goods and you are desperate, you can always make your own http://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/food/news/marmite-shortage-recipe
I cannot guarantee the results as Marmite is not one of my favourite spreads... 
And then.... there is Vegemite  Razz
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum