The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is everybody

+4
Lisa C.
Vicino
Angela Fuller
Geotherm
8 posters

Go down

Where is everybody Empty Where is everybody

Post by Geotherm Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Been so quiet on here lately,so where has everyone gone?
Hopefully, not all changed to the dreaded facebook!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Where is everybody Empty Re: Where is everybody

Post by Angela Fuller Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 am

I agree Geo. very few new posts and very few people visiting the site, I  wonder why ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 am

I think a lot of peeps are indeed using that facebox thingy.............I can't imagine why !?

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 pm

I am still here!  I have had so much research to do for our upcoming move in September between contacting accountants, movers, etc.  There are several sites on Facebook for expats/dual citizens, etc that seem to be a lot more active and I admit to posting there as there is a bigger pool of people with some of the same questions that I have been dealing with.  We have rented an apartment in southern Marche for a year, while we continue our house search, with the option to renew.  The best part is that it has a fenced in yard for our dogs, which the landlord has welcomed.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagraiasolar Thu May 04, 2017 11:16 am

Brexit - No new arrivals to ask questions etc.  We have slashed the price of our farmhouse on 30 acres to below build cost and only one viewing in months. Being forced to have a house in Italy is no great hardship though and every time we visit we think we might be mad to sell at this time. 7 million people retire in the UK over the next 10 years.... 700,000 a year!
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu May 04, 2017 11:33 am

I think like all things, at some time they run their course. As Sagri says not many new people moving to Italy and probably the site Google rank is quite low so, not really top of the pile when people look for Italy Forums.
FaceBook does have lots of Italy forums that are probably the first port of call to new members. Remember this site was born out of the purges that went on 'On the Other Site' so most members are remnants of that.
Also the Elephant in the room that is Brexit, unless you've forgotten, is probably filling most Brit Migrants/Immigrants  (reluctant to use the word Expats) to Italy with trepidation on the uncertainty as to whether they get to stay in Italy after 2019, I know I would be concerned. 
So not having a dig or anything, but the state of Marmite stocks in ones local supermarket, is probably the least of peoples concerns at the moment.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed May 10, 2017 7:51 am

In my case, I am still there, although, because I am still having difficulties accessing this site from my Ipad, which is the one I use all the time, and the need to use the PC to log in, you do not detect my presence.
I think that Flip is right in his comments about British people as a result of Brexit and other events around the world have put moving plans on hold for quite a few people. Property sales seem to be slow and many prospective members have joined us because they wanted information or advice concerning these matters. The situation may change... nothing is eternal.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Wed May 10, 2017 5:59 pm

I would hope, and expect, that the status of EU citizens living in other EU countries will be resolved very early in the Brexit negotiations.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum