The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Sardinia...

4 posters

Go down

In Sardinia...  Empty In Sardinia...

Post by Chiara Lucia Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

I am in Sardinia... anybody else here?

Chiara Lucia

Back to top Go down

In Sardinia...  Empty Hello

Post by pas55 Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 am

Yes we are in Villasimius
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

In Sardinia...  Empty Re: In Sardinia...

Post by LisaSard Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Yep, I'm in Cuglieri on the West coast.

LisaSard
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:34 am

Never heard of that place had to google it.
Thought you'd miss spelt Cagliari
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaSard Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 am

pas55 wrote:Never heard of that place had to google it.Thought you'd miss spelt Cagliari

Sorry Pas55, I think I must have missed this post, i generally visit the forum every day and just click "latest posts since last visit" but didnt see this one, please accept my apologies for not replying sooner. 
Cuglieri is up in the Monte Ferru in Oristano, but Cagliari is lovely too! I spent a weekend down there a few years ago and managed to kit out my kitchen and get some furniture from the stores that you recommended on another forum. Thanks

LisaSard
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Just spotted RyanAir are now flying from Pescara Abruzzo to Alghero Sardinia. Does this give us an option to visit? Is it worth a visit, we have always thought the place looked lovely and have read nothing but good reports about it.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaSard Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Just spotted RyanAir are now flying from Pescara Abruzzo to Alghero Sardinia. Does this give us an option to visit? Is it worth a visit, we have always thought the place looked lovely and have read nothing but good reports about it.

I think it's wonderful, but then I'm biased!

The island itself is quite large and where to go depends on the type of trip you fancy, Cagliari or Alghero for city breaks or down the West coast for stunning beaches, fabulous food and wonderful hospitality. We don't have much in the way of historical landmarks, but Tharros, an ancient Phoenician port, is interesting and worth a visit in my opinion. In the summer it is quite dry and brown, we have already had many bush fires, but in the Spring it is so beautiful and green and, therefore, probably the best time to go and visit.

Pas55 would probably be able to give you details of the glories of the south of the island, I can offer little in the way of personal experience as I've only been down there twice and didnt get a chance to explore in any great details.

I've attached the details of this website, which covers the island in greater detail.
http://www.sardegnaturismo.it/en/point-of-interest/arutas.

Sorry for the rather rushed reply, I'm afraid I need to feed my daughter before heading off to her swimming time trials, let me know if there is anywhere specifically you fancied going?

LisaSard
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 am

Yes spring is the best time it is beautifulbut,then I'm biased
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down