The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement aluminium roof proposed

2 posters

Go down

Replacement aluminium roof proposed Empty Replacement aluminium roof proposed

Post by Neil D Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 am

My family's holiday flat - one of three in a building - has a flat roof, dating back to the 1960s.  After several more or less botched efforts to repair the tiled terrace roof over the last ten years, it is has been decided to replace it with an aluminium roof: two thin sheets of aluminium with about 5cms of insulation between them.  The new roof will sit on the old one on a frame with a more pronounced 5% incline to ensure the water runs away more effectively.  Aluminium roofing is a new concept to me.  Does anyone have any experience of it?
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

Replacement aluminium roof proposed Empty Re: Replacement aluminium roof proposed

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 am

Neil, I have asked my husband, retired architect with many years of experience on aluminium roofs in Australia. He says that they are an excellent choice and the 5% pitch is perfect. Hope it helps.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Replacement aluminium roof proposed Empty Re: Replacement aluminium roof proposed

Post by Neil D Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:Neil, I have asked my husband, retired architect with many years of experience on aluminium roofs in Australia. He says that they are an excellent choice and the 5% pitch is perfect. Hope it helps.
That's reassuring.  Thank you.
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down