The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notizie: Forecast, By 2050 25% Of ER Residents Will Not Be Italian Born.

2 posters

Go down

Notizie: Forecast, By 2050 25% Of ER Residents Will Not Be Italian Born. Empty Notizie: Forecast, By 2050 25% Of ER Residents Will Not Be Italian Born.

Post by Centauro Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Exclamation 

According to the register published in 2012 the total number of 'foreigners' living in Emilia Romagna was 530015. An increase of 5.9% on the previous year, a total that places ER third on the list of regional 'foreign populace' numbers. Forecasts suggest, that by 2050 approximately one in four of ER's resident population will not be 'born in Italy'.

Welfare councillor Teresa Marzocchi says that the region will endeavour to create the conditions so that immigrants can be accommodated and  will have the same level of access to Govt. services as native born Italians.

Source: ANSA 01072013
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Notizie: Forecast, By 2050 25% Of ER Residents Will Not Be Italian Born. Empty Re: Notizie: Forecast, By 2050 25% Of ER Residents Will Not Be Italian Born.

Post by The Original Relaxed Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Vaguely interesting, but not a lot of information. Presumably in ER there are bags of Chinese, (and whether they are useful immigrants from the demographic point of view I'm not sure).

But the bit which caught my eye (maybe something is lost in translation): why on earth should a 'legal' foreigner NOT have the same level of access to government services? I guess we are talking about welfare and healthcare in this carefuly crafted phrase, but ask a straniero what hurdles are put in their way even to get the simplest bit of protocol eased by a zenophobic comune clerk. 

It isn't as if it is easy (for a non rich straniero) to get legally into Italy - quotas, deadlines, queues you wouldn't believe - so once you have jumped those huge hoops a bit of politeness wouldn't come amiss. I shall don my pink tinteds and hope that's what they're talking about in this article!
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Notizie: Forecast, By 2050 25% Of ER Residents Will Not Be Italian Born. Empty Re: Notizie: Forecast, By 2050 25% Of ER Residents Will Not Be Italian Born.

Post by Centauro Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Perhaps she's suggesting that the commune move to a multi-lingual access system to accommodate non Italian speakers, thereby improving access for all regardless of status.

That having been said, this sort of approach has recently been abolished here in the UK as it is seen to be encouraging the migrants NOT to learn the language, a consequence of which is their (effectively self imposed) increased isolation from the main native community at large.
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down