The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not only is Christmas coming, so is 4G

3 posters

Go down

Not only is Christmas coming, so is 4G Empty Not only is Christmas coming, so is 4G

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 am

With Christmas rapidly approaching some people may be considering the purchase of a new phone or tablet device. Well I’ve just been checking out the new 4G mobile broadband being rolled out in thee UK. I’ve also seen adverts for this in Italy (not checked the roll-out). A couple of things to note; first you need a “4G ready” device to use it, secondly that in the UK at least (likely similar in other countries) there are different frequencies they will operated over. In the UK these will be 800mhz, 1800mhz and 2.6ghz. Some devices are already 4g, however not all cover every frequency and will only work on those they are set-up for, this includes the popular  iphone5 and Samsung S3.  So, if thinking of buying, you may want to either wait a while or see if there is a device out there with 4g for all frequencies. Even if not interested in 4g, but thinking of buying, you might find none 4g devices getting a lot cheaper… Smile Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Not only is Christmas coming, so is 4G Empty Re: Not only is Christmas coming, so is 4G

Post by Vicino Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Well I for one will be playing a waiting game..............the technology is moving along so quick nowadays that as soon as you buy something it is nearing obsoletion (if there is such a word !!!)

Snow on the way around these parts next week,  affraid 

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Not only is Christmas coming, so is 4G Empty Re: Not only is Christmas coming, so is 4G

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Vicino it's likely the next move will be improved 4G and yes you may need a new device to get it, but it won't be for a year or two. So you could wait a couple of years, but then the next improvement will be in the pipeline... In the mean time we will be the new snail pace Crying or Very sad  . I'm not saying you are wrong as we will wait too, but perhaps just until it settles after a few months. I did mean to add that 4G will be 5x faster according to the Companies selling it... However "EE" already are in the UK and tests have shown it to be 10x faster in some areas...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:02 pm

I have a nice new 4G phone.; but I'm lucky to get even 3G in Tuscany. Never moind the games in HD are triffic !!
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Flip, I'm sure 4G will come to Italy, just hope your phone lasts that long.... Laughing

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down