The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firefox browser users

+2
Vicino
stevegwmonkseaton
6 posters

Go down

Firefox browser users Empty Firefox browser users

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Firefox have released version 27 recently and I've received my prompt to update today. Reason I've raised the topic is two fold; has anyone update to it? Is it ok... My policy is to google "firefox update version nn problems" e.g. "27" in this case. I decide on when to update based on the search results, I never update immediately and have often seen emergency updates in the past (with both Firefox and Chrome).

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Firefox browser users Empty Re: Firefox browser users

Post by Vicino Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Steve,

I havn't but I will and let you know!

V

I now have and so far (very early) all seems ok,

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Just updated mine as well, all seems OK
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:43 pm

You two are brave souls.... I'll wait and see for a few days/weeks to see if you have any problems. Just been reading up on the release and it seems to be solely for social media improvements, so I'm missing nothing.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Maybe mad rather than brave !!

I primarily use IE, but have firefox and chrome as alternatives (to try things out), it is the norm with any of them to have an update and then a fix !!

I'll check Firefox over the next few days to see what happens,

V

Suspect
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:03 pm

I never use IE now and haven't for years, unless a update says I have to, and no Chrome either.
Have just run a series of tests, Gmail, searches, etc and all seem to be OK.
You can also backdate FF if there is a problem:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an_old_version_of_Firefox
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:41 pm

For anyone using Firefox I can recommend installing the Add On ''AdBlock Plus''. I have used it successfully for a while now and it stops those nasty little adverts appearing on a web page and also blocks pop ups.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:36 am

We have updated too and there haven't been any problems so far. And I agree with you Flip the ad blocker is great!

Lancashire Lass

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Flip wrote:For anyone using Firefox I can recommend installing the Add On ''AdBlock Plus''. I have used it successfully for a while now and it stops those nasty little adverts appearing on a web page and also blocks pop ups.

That is a great add-on Flip. Have used it for a number of years now. No adds come up on this site. I usually find, that if I block the output site, about in the middle of the selection, then it works far better. Do you do the same?
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Call me a bit Paranoid but I have so much Anti-Virus stuff (Norton, SpyHunter, Ad Block Plus) running that they will stop anything in the way of Ads, pop ups, adaware ccokies, so never have any problems. Also you can have adblocker if you have Chrome. I tried running Opera but it was a bit of a faff...
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:33 pm

To be honest, I have only used a few AV systems. Up to about 5 years ago, I used Symantec antivirus corporate edition, but then changed to Avast Free, which I find excellent. Norton Antivirus is a tad overloaded on resources, but that is my opinion.
Adblock plus for sure, a great add-on
I also used ZoneAlarm, but the windows firewall seems just as good.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm

This will stop ads and a lot more, does not matter what browser you use... HOST file LINK Simple txt file in an area that has been around many, many a year. Nicked by Windows from other operating systems... Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TAB_Flags Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:58 am

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Firefox have released version 27 recently and I've received my prompt to update today. Reason I've raised the topic is two fold; has anyone update to it? Is it ok... My policy is to google "firefox update version nn problems" e.g. "27" in this case. I decide on when to update based on the search results, I never update immediately and have often seen emergency updates in the past (with both Firefox and Chrome).

You do know not updating makes it more likely for your browser not to work than to work?

I automatically update it, never had problems. Firefox is the best. Smile(may be a little biased here)

Last edited by TAB_Flags on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : than not that)

TAB_Flags
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 am

Well TABs you have been very busy....

I've still not updated FireFox and never do immediately these days and have never had a problem by not doing so. However I have had serious problems in the past by updating immediately (hence I don't now). If you google "Firefox update problems" you will get numerous resluts. Saying that, chrome is exactly the same as none of then get it right all the time... For me, at the moment, chrome is over bloated and slow, hence I'm back to Firefox (for now).
As for automatic updates... Never! Problem with this is it can happen just at a time you don't want it, invariably Windows and your antivirus kick off at the same time.... All this activity can conflict and make your device unusable for a while... Secondly it's a method I would certainly suspect is open to hacking and to been used against you... Far better have your own control and know what's going on....  Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down