The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to sell items in italian markets?

4 posters

Go down

How to sell items in italian markets? Empty How to sell items in italian markets?

Post by medgalys Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:01 am

Hi, I'm an artist from Europe and I would like to know how can I sell my items in italian markets? I'm interested in smaller towns nearby Lago Maggiore or Lago di Garda. Can I only buy permits for daily markets or do I need to buy one for the whole season? Also is there any restrictions for foreigners? Also does anyone sell new items in flea markets or is it mostly used, old and atique ones? I really appreciate your help.

medgalys

Back to top Go down

How to sell items in italian markets? Empty Selling antiques and collectors pieces in Italy

Post by JulianaAlice Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 am

I am interested in selling in Italian markets too. I tried to gather some information through the previous forum and the feedback was negative.  I was told how complicated the tax situation might get, and I was advised to get to know a regular dealer on one of the market stalls and pay them commission on sale of my goods.  That option did not appeal at all, it took away all the fun of wheeling and dealing.

In England I have rented stalls at antique and collectors fairs where I have sold from my own collection of 50s glass and earlier pieces, including some old Murano and Victorian stuff.  It was great fun, although I never made large amounts.  One of my best sales was a painting I picked up at a charity shop for £5 and sold for £147.  (I guess it may have gone on to sell for a bit more). Another exciting sale of several pieces was to a museum in Hertfordshire that wanted many of my Chance glass handkerchief vases and dishes. See http://www.chanceglass.net/pages_hk/index.html

I will wait and see if you get better feedback than I did.
JulianaAlice
JulianaAlice
Elder

http://www.familychest.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

How to sell items in italian markets? Empty Re: How to sell items in italian markets?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:12 am

No idea about the OP, but found the link interesting as it's not something I've seen much of ...  Smile  So many thanks...
For Medgalys, welcome... You say "from Europe" but it might be worth adding if it's an EU country you come from, it could make a difference... Good luck!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

How to sell items in italian markets? Empty Re: How to sell items in italian markets?

Post by TAB_Flags Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 am

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:No idea about the OP, but found the link interesting as it's not something I've seen much of ...  Smile  So many thanks... For Medgalys, welcome... You say "from Europe" but it might be worth adding if it's an EU country you come from, it could make a difference... Good luck!

This. EU are "one country" apparently. I have a different opinion.

But if you are in EU you are free to travel around where you want and sell what you want.

I build and sell properties in France/Ireland and UK. You still have all their laws to contend with and their 'money'. You also can get double taxed if you haven't got a law like UK has on Double Taxation, so be careful.

TAB_Flags
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down