The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mille Miglia 2014

4 posters

Go down

Mille Miglia 2014 Empty Mille Miglia 2014

Post by Sagraiasolar Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:38 am

You lucky folk on the East Coast and in the Marche. The Mille Miglia is routed your way this year and will be passing by on Friday 16th May on their way down to Rome.  The last 2 years have been on my patch and it's been great to settle in on the route with a comfy chair and a pic-nic and watch masses of motoring awesomeness go by. I'll be out again this year to catch the Sunday return North via Sienna. There is an official web site showing the route and the entry list is worth checking out as lots of famous people are driving and it makes the event more fun if you can identify the cars.  The Ferrari web site ran a real time tracking map last year so one could see the procession on screen in order to make a timely arrival at the comfy chair.
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Mille Miglia 2014 Empty Re: Mille Miglia 2014

Post by Vicino Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:57 am

ooh !!

I'll get that straight into the diary, super !

grazie,

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:49 am

Ah yes, it also goes through Abruzzo....  Smile  Smile  Thanks!
This seems to be the route.... Route LINK

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Sagraisolar said "I'll be out again this year to catch the Sunday return North via Sienna."

You'll be a day too late then  Smile  it is the Saturday when it passes through Tuscany!

Radicofani is the absolute best spot to watch, in my opinion, you can perch up above the winding road and look down on all the cars driving up to the village, then you can go into the borgo and do your ears serious damage when the more recent Ferrari's vroom up the narrow paved main street between high buildings! Magic. There are a couple of decent bars and a restaurant as well. Usually the first cars get there at around 10am.
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Mille Miglia 2014 Empty Saturday it is

Post by Sagraiasolar Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 pm

The Original Relaxed wrote:Sagraisolar said "I'll be out again this year to catch the Sunday return North via Sienna.

"
You'll be a day too late then  Smile  it is the Saturday when it passes through Tuscany!

Quite right thanks
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down