The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nonna Collapses!

4 posters

Go down

Nonna Collapses! Empty Nonna Collapses!

Post by ghiro Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:22 pm

So OH & I go out to lunch today at a favourite local restaurant.  Lots of tables outside under parasols beside the limpid waters of the pool.  Over 30C but still lovely.

Suddenly, at an adjacent table, an 88 year old woman collapses.  Pandemonium?  Panic?  Not a bit of it!  Smile   She is taken to a nearby sofa, laid down and her legs are raised in the air - text book stuff by the caring family.  A short time later the ambulance arrives.  A couple of surly paramedics as you get in the UK?  Not a bit of it!  A crew of 4 - a doctor and 3 paramedics.  In a trice a drip is up and the oxygen on. Smooth efficiency.  An ECG seems satisfactory and the defibrillator is packed away again.  The 4 ambulance crew then sit themselves down, all relaxed, to decide what's going to happen next.

After a while it's clear that nonna is still not 100% so, surrounded by her family, she's gently and kindly transported off to the ambulance and then, presumably, taken to hospital.  So impressive and caring and so unlike the unnecessary drama you get in the UK.

Afterwards I remarked to OH that, when I'm 88 and it's time to go, what better circumstance than following a delicious meal washed down by a particularly good Rosso di Montalcino.  But I suspect today's nonna still has many more fine lunches to come!  Smile  Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Nonna Collapses! Empty Re: Nonna Collapses!

Post by Vicino Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:02 pm

ghiro..................

GREAT story, a lot of negatives are said about Italy('only in Italy' !), but this is very much the good(great) side...........fingers crossed that nonna is back soon to enjoy another lunch,

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Let's hope and pray that Nonna will keep on enjoying many family lunches. What a delightful story, ghiro! This is the real Italy!  Very Happy  Very Happy
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Keep drinking the RdM and you'll make it to 88, go on the Brunello and you'll make it to 100!  Good to here about Nonna.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:40 pm

chriscol wrote:Keep drinking the RdM and you'll make it to 88, go on the Brunello and you'll make it to 100!
Hmmmmmm.  If I drink Brunello di Montalcino every day from now until I'm 100 I'll be both very happy and also bankrupt!  Very Happy  Shocked
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Ghiro, it is a fact that our taste buds diminish with age, and for that reason, you will not be able to tell what you are drinking... that should save you from bankruptcy  Razz  They also say that your memory also diminishes... Shocked now, where did I leave my daily glass of prosecco? Or perhaps I already drank it... well, just in case, I'll have a second one. They say it is recipe to live up to 100  Twisted Evil
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 pm

It would appear then, based upon the arguments and logic placed before me, that we can all look forward to drinking good Chianti Classico in our old age (i'm a long way from that)
whilst convinced we are supping Brunello.  Now that sounds like a mighty fine deal to me.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:32 am

And do not forget grappa! most of the oldies (particularly men) that we see around drink it every day...  Oh, and our regional dessert: cantucci and vin santo... They must have very strong livers!
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum