The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home....

3 posters

Go down

Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home.... Empty Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home....

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Young (18 month old) dog needs  to be re-homed asap....He has excelled in the naughty stakes....killed his owners chickens and their neighbours chickens - neighbour is threatening to shoot him....He is loving, just in hunting mode as kept as an outside dog.....He also digs and jumps fences...a very bad boy but maybe alot of love and attention will address his problems....Can anyone help ??? Good with children and cats...its just chickens !!!!
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home.... Empty Best of luck.

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:23 am

Angela Fuller wrote:Young (18 month old) dog needs  to be re-homed asap....He has excelled in the naughty stakes....killed his owners chickens and their neighbours chickens - neighbour is threatening to shoot him....He is loving, just in hunting mode as kept as an outside dog.....He also digs and jumps fences...a very bad boy but maybe alot of love and attention will address his problems....Can anyone help ??? Good with children and cats...its just chickens !!!!

Best of luck Angela, sounds like a very lively young pup!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home.... Empty Re: Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home....

Post by Angela Fuller Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 am

Yes Steve, I have one of his sisters and she is lovely but a little mad at times.  He just needs to be somewhere there isn't chickens and where he can roam...and be loved....and yes...a lively young pup he is.....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home.... Empty Re: Beautiful setter like male dog needs a chickenless home....

Post by Flip Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:52 am

Unfortunately Setters seem to be a breed that has more than it's fair share of 'Nutters' , I have had several mates with English & Irish setters (the worst apparently) all who have had behavioural problems, particularly chasing after things/animals. Our friend's Irish setter was killed after an unsuccessful chase with his favourite quarry, Cars; another whose favourite pass time was outrunning cows, was put down after a severe kick to his head. A breed to stay clear of if of a nervous disposition and not suitable for the un-energetic.Appaently teh Gordon setter seems to be the most stable, but from my contact with them seem to suffer from excessive wind.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:18 pm

TBH the mother is a maremma (cant spell) and the father a setter type dog from up the road....When I took my (his sister) mutt in for jabs etc the vet did ask me if I had bought her as a 'setter' as that is what she resembles....and yes Flip she does seem to have all the bad tendencies....but I love her none the less....ho hum, maybe one day my choice will be a good one......first I had a beagle, then a nervous collie, then a beautiful lurcher....cant fault him much and now a mad setter type dog !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
Angela Fuller wrote:Young (18 month old) dog needs  to be re-homed asap....He has excelled in the naughty stakes....killed his owners chickens and their neighbours chickens - neighbour is threatening to shoot him....He is loving, just in hunting mode as kept as an outside dog.....He also digs and jumps fences...a very bad boy but maybe alot of love and attention will address his problems....Can anyone help ??? Good with children and cats...its just chickens !!!!
Best of luck Angela, sounds like a very lively young pup!

Umm Steve, after reading Flips replyI think there is little hope of finding a home for him....it's all in the genes I suppose...the madness.  A friends mother once had a setter who ate my friends new gloves.....never to be retrieved thank goodness DOGS !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down