The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comune to sequestrate our land to widen road

2 posters

Go down

Comune to sequestrate our land to widen road Empty Comune to sequestrate our land to widen road

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Anyone had any experience of this…. Comune have informed us by letter delivered by the vigili that they are going to purloin some of our land! Not quite as bad as it seems as it’s only a tiny bit and in an area where to be honest we don’t give a fig! They are embarking on widening the “main” road below our house at the bottom of our drive, why I don’t know as it really goes nowhere and is little used. However the school bus does go up and down it AND the comune’s geometra farther has a house and land just up from us. Our little niggle is the fact we put in a grille for the run-off at the bottom of the drive only a year back and it looks like they are going to tear it up when they move the road about 1.5M back over our drive! Question is will they put it back further in, replace it or do we have to ask for it to be put back? We are aware they will “pay” us for the land, but understand it will likely cost us more to deposit any money received. Sad

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Comune to sequestrate our land to widen road Empty Re: Comune to sequestrate our land to widen road

Post by Angela Fuller Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:39 am

Steve, my neighbours may have a similar issue re:the Comune needing to purloin some of their land to widen the white rd.  After the heavy snow fall last Nov followed by a quick thaw that the Comune drain could not cope with, the side including the bank slid away and there is now a sheer drop of about 5 metres.  2 people own the strip of land affected but the farmer (one of the 2) refuses to pay towards repairs and infact has refused work to take place on my neighbours land as it meant a JCB had to pass over his land to gain access...a typical Italian sort of thing.....Personally, I cannot see a solution to the problem other that widening the existing road which (problem N2) has a sort of open barn thing 3m away from the existing rd......I wonder if that needs moving....more expense.....There are 4 families living down this rd so the problem does need sorting....one of the owner occupiers has resorted to buying a much narrower car, a 4WD fiat and a moped incase more rd disappears....all in all quite a worry.  In your case I would just tell the Comune they must replace and make good your grille full stop.......Iam sure they will. I shall also let you know the outcome of the above saga !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Comune to sequestrate our land to widen road Empty Re: Comune to sequestrate our land to widen road

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks Angela, this is just what we intend to do, someone told us they were starting Monday gone, just 7 days after being officially informed about it! Is this really Italy? They also were told it will take only 6 weeks, well the road is 3k long and very steep, we thought 6 years was more likely. Now been told they are starting in Feb15! The document said they only had until 2019, think that's more likely nearer the finish date!!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down