The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens if the UK leaves the EU?

+3
Vicino
ghiro
Angela Fuller
7 posters

Go down

What happens if the UK leaves the EU? Empty What happens if the UK leaves the EU?

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:58 am

A new community site on FB....What are your thoughts ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

What happens if the UK leaves the EU? Empty Re: What happens if the UK leaves the EU?

Post by ghiro Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:39 pm

I doubt it would make much difference to those of us who don't live and work in Italy.  However, for those who do, life could become quite complex.  Presumably the right of 'free movement' would be withdrawn if the UK leaves the EU.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

What happens if the UK leaves the EU? Empty Re: What happens if the UK leaves the EU?

Post by Flip Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Precisely the reason I left the UK for originally, the UK can sod off and do it alone for all I'm concerned. Cake and eat it mentality sucks, let's see who'd be worse off I'm done with the xenophobic right wing mentality in the UK (soon to be less of a united Kingdom when the Scots come to their senses).
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:54 pm

blimey

Last edited by Vicino on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 pm

I doubt it’ll happen, the UK needs the EU more than the EU needs the UK but if it does, Greece and the UK can be the founder members of the revised EU Version 2 Twisted Evil
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:14 am

Theres the pragmatic realistic argument, adn the kneejerk UKIP- what has it ever done for us -argument.  At the moment the latter is winning,  thanks to appalling press and 'opinion formers'.  Even if the UK left, i dont think it would affect Brits here, if you've been here for over 5 years it would difficult for Italy to rescind your right to stay - and probably impossible given teh amount of paperwork and carbon copies people would have to complete.   
Greece out and then the UK - with immigration sounding the death knell for the rest of Europe - I reckon its only a matter of time before it all quiestly slips away... Nationalism cant be swept under the carpet, and it periodically comes back - and then you need a nice war to sort it all out again - which is good for the economy ...

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:57 am

Nail on Head Modi..... Twisted Evil
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Sadly sounds about right Modi.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down