The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing my bank

3 posters

Go down

Changing my bank Empty Changing my bank

Post by Piquet Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm currently with Monte Paschi di Siena who have closed my branch. Nearest one is now 25 kilometres away. I'm in Verbania (VB), Lago Maggiore. Can anyone a) recommend a reliable bank with low charges (not asking for much!) and b) tell me how I go about changing to a new bank. Does the new bank deal with closing the MPS account and changing all my direct debits for example? Many thanks.

Piquet
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Changing my bank Empty Re: Changing my bank

Post by modicasa Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:03 am

MpS was a real pain when I closed my account.  They told me that they close accounts on 16th of the month, so you need to go in before 16th June and tell them you want to close the account, and then the following month (16th) they will close it. Take back everything, unused cheques, all sorts.  While you are waiting for MpS go to another bank, and they will hopefully switch the direct debits from MpS in the interim.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piquet Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:21 am

Why am I not surprised! I only knew the branch had closed when I went to get some cash out on Friday. There wasn't even a note on the door. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll have to try to find out if the other 'local' branches still exist so I can close the account. A pity really as the staff I dealt with couldn't have been kinder.

Piquet
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:21 am

If you have uncomplicated monetary affairs perhaps try Banco Posta? I have a current account with them and direct debits for water, electricity, gas and TIM and it costs me €4/month.

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Piquet Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Will have a look at them. Thanks.

Piquet
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content