The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pescara Airport restaurant

2 posters

Go down

Pescara Airport restaurant Empty Pescara Airport restaurant

Post by Perlasca Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 pm

I seem to remember Penny talking about this to me ages ago.  Anyway, I had to pick up OH from Pescara airport and had a couple of hours to fill after Leroy Merlin closed (sad person I know)  So rather than go to the hassle of going into town and searching for somewhere to eat, I headed for the airport deciding that a panino and a coffee would have to do.

I love this airport - the huge semicircular window would have been listed by now in the UK.  Inside it's nothing special but there was a slightly grubby note saying restaurant upstairs.  I and my friend Marcia doubtfully climbed the stairs and almost gave up halfway as it was pretty dark and uninviting.

ON reaching the top sure enough there was what at first glance was a self-service place that only looked slightly more inviting than a panino from the bar.  However a waiter appeared and ushered us to a table and provided a menu.  The restaurant is a barn of a place, but is situated inside the aforementioned windows (one front, one behind)

I proceeded to have a delicious seafood risotto as a starter - which was easily enough on its own.  But I'd also ordered a "Guazzetto", which turned out to be the Italian equivalent of Moules Marinieres and presumably straight off the local fishing boats.

We told the waiter what a nice surprise this was - and he said we should definitely come back for the pizzas.......

Quite a find if you have an hour or so to kill, and meanwhile OH had a sh*t flight from Stansted!

Perlasca
Elder

Back to top Go down

Pescara Airport restaurant Empty Re: Pescara Airport restaurant

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Nice to know... We have looked at it a couple of times and were put off by the tucked away location... It's a great shame they don't make more of the place, and yes the window would be listed in the UK....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down