The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scam of the week

+3
stevegwmonkseaton
ghiro
Sagraiasolar
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scam of the week - Page 2 Empty Scam of the week

Post by Sagraiasolar Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

This came in on our local security network today.

A WARNING. A couple of weeks ago we received a demand from E.on Energy for a supposed bill from 2011! We have NEVER used E.on. Xxx called to ask them to produce contract. Today 13th November I received an official looking letter from an Avvocato Maurizio Cenci, sent on the 5th November demanding payment by the 6th!!! Envelope made to look like courier, but not, not even raccomandata. No back up documentation. So I look up this Avvocato...he doesn't exist and find a forum, (thank goodness for the internet) started by good hearted people with a social conscience. So if you receive similar, don't call and don't worry....bin it.
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Scam of the week - Page 2 Empty Re: Scam of the week

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:47 am

There could be atenuating circumstances and this does not mean that you condone these acts. Certainly, in the cases where higher knowledge is required, I do not think that these people should lend themselves to commit a crime. They have no excuse and should know better. But not everyone working in telemarketing knows what they are really doing. Some are just exploited by a few who should be caught and punished accordingly.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Gala there is a world of difference between Telemarketing and Scamming, I should know. Scamming is a criminal activity designed to extort money from persons; and to say these people who make these calls, because they have ''atenuating circumstances'' sic, is naive in entirety. They know what they are doing i.e. getting paid for extortion, and so to say they have to do this to make ends meet, for the want of a better phrase, is ridiculous. If  no one made these calls then the scam would soon die out. Try and take off the rose tinted specs and realise that there are some very devious, underhanded people out there in every walk of life.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2