The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather...

+4
lancashire lass
sebastiano
modicasa
Gala Placidia
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weather... - Page 2 Empty Weather...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Think I would like a sticky for this subject (being English and all). Yes I know it's global warming and all (ok perhaps another stick that one), but really is everyone having drops in temperature from mid twenties to 10c....  Someone actually said they were out today and the car was saying 5c outside... Come on we need our plants put in for summer....! Mad  Mad  Mad

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Weather... - Page 2 Empty Re: Weather...

Post by chriscol Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Flip, have you heard any more about the emergency funding?
A friend of ours has heard about it.  I emailed them after reading your comment about the rumours of a fund being set up, in case it helped with their damage, but apparently today may be the closing date for any applications to the fund. 
I must admit, apart from you comment above, I've heard absolutely nothing about the existence or potential existence of a fund.  Just wondered if you'd heard anymore and if so can you advise further?

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:35 am

chriscol, they need to apply to the BdL Comune and fill out a form TODAY (12/03/15) this will then be passed to Government in Firenze who are looking at the Fund. If they are in BdL area they can also get free cement to help with repairs, again enquire at Comune. If they have a friendly Geometra they will also have the forms and can also advise on what they can claim, although I think it is restricted to damage to houses, although friends of ours have put down lost trees and wood-store. Basically I think this is because a lot of Italian Insurance companies are refusing to pay out as they class this as 'Act of God' and therefore on the small print excludes cover, God can be very Vengeful !!!
Still no one is sure if anything will be provided form Central Funds luckily for us we live on the lee side of our village so we were protected form most of it, though a few loose tiles and a broken plant pot is teh least of our worries.
Hope this snippet helps but tell them they need to get their finger out.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:58 am

Flip, thats very helpful, thank you very much.  I also heard this morning that the commune have agreed to keep on accepting forms, so it might be that there is some flexibility there which would be a good common sense approach.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Amazing while following posts on Abruzzolutely to hear people are being airlifted out of one of the areas 20 minutes away from us. Near a town we can in fact see from our window. Yet only local news reporting what's happening Meteoweb LINK . Apart from a little "frana" with the soaking wet land we don't have the horrendous problems those nearby are encountering, do hope the weather improves for everyone to allow repairs.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:43 pm

It always amazes me that here in the UK, our news networks avidly cover weather stories in the US 3500 miles away and mud slides, tornadoes, earthquakes in Italy which is on our doorstep don't get a mention, except on BBC News Europe which has a quite modest following. Must take a look at Abruzzolutely, i've heard a lot about it from people on this and other forums. Hope the weather improves for everyone soon; being airlifted is I am sure, no fun.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:15 pm

There has been much said about the coverage or lack of it on media and TV apparently the omnly national news services that broadcast the Hurricane force winds and devastation caused was the TV services of Iran, Iraq & Syria it barely got mentioned on European channels. Does this say something about Italy's standing within the EU, ''don't give a monkey's'' !!
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:48 am

Reply #104 on Abruzzolutely here has Accuweather LINK which does not look too good regards BdL, hopefully it is correct in saying it will miss Abruzzo.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:34 am

Steve our local forecast here predicts some rain on Sunday evening/Monday a.m. but nothing out of the ordinary, at the moment we have no wind beautiful clear blue skies and temp about 5 degrees, chilly but fantastic.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:03 am

Good to hear that Flip, similar weather here, perhaps a little warmer at 9c, but still feels cold if the sun become hazy. Hopefully the breeze will help dry the land a little.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Well hope everyone is ok and any lack of posting is not due to electrics, internet etc being off... Following the posts on Abruzzolutely it would seem places not more than 20 minutes away are still in absolute dire straights with roads blocked water and electric still off and emergencies being declared everywhere. Spotted a post about problems in Palermo today, so guess the troubles are throughout Italy, but still little cover in the national media...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2