The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SCHOOL COMPLEX FOR BAGNI DI LUCCA

2 posters

Go down

NEW SCHOOL COMPLEX FOR BAGNI DI LUCCA Empty NEW SCHOOL COMPLEX FOR BAGNI DI LUCCA

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 am

Great news for the area. Building a new school complex is a step in the right direction. It was announced last night. Well done!

Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

NEW SCHOOL COMPLEX FOR BAGNI DI LUCCA Empty Re: NEW SCHOOL COMPLEX FOR BAGNI DI LUCCA

Post by Flip Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 am

We shall see if it ever actually gets built Gala, they have been on for years about knocking the old Scola Media down. Would love to know who will finance it.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

NEW SCHOOL COMPLEX FOR BAGNI DI LUCCA Empty Re: NEW SCHOOL COMPLEX FOR BAGNI DI LUCCA

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Well, I won this time, Flip. They have received a letter from the Education Department confirming that a loan of 2,500,000€ has been made available for the school complex. Have a look at the Facebook page for Progetto Rinascimento Bagni di Lucca. It is a reality.
Sorry, but you lost! cheers
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:37 am

As published by Il Tirreno, Lucca Edition
http://iltirreno.gelocal.it/lucca/cronaca/2013/06/11/news/due-milioni-e-mezzo-per-la-scuola-da-costruire-a-bagni-di-lucca-1.7240498
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 am

Call me an old sceptic, but having a loan made available, and the Sindacato agreeing how/when/if they will be able to pay it back is another thing, especially when they want another €600k to rebuild the Comune Offices.
When I see it going up I'll believe it; lived too long in Bagni Di Lucca Comune to see promises come to fruition.
Also they have to find the other €7.5 million before they can start it; where will that come from
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 am

Funds for the Comune building have to come from a different source and I heard that they are looking into EU funds. Try not to be negative. These times are difficult not only for Bagni, but also for Italy and many EU countries; however, I think that the general situation will improve. Over the last 6 years, I have seen quite a few improvements. On the other hand, I have also seen quite a few businesses closing down, although, the majority of those had very little chance of surviving, particularly during hard economic times. As for the new school, investing in the new generations is always a wise move.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:16 am

Totally agree Gala, I would love this investment as our Granddaughter will be at the School in Bagni soon; but our beloved Mayor seems to be riding a particularly Politicised Pony (his Sister in Law is a Teacher) and I fear that he is playing Politics with our Children's Education. I hope I'm very wrong.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Let's wait and see and hope for the better. It would certainly be great if your grandaughter could attend a school according to the needs and aspirations that we all have in the XXI Century. Many things have changed in education and there will be even more changes to come. It will be important to have schools that will help students - because they have been designed according to current and future needs -  to get full advantage of all these advancements in education. I am not into local politics, but I thought that the Mayor, being an independent, would be a better choice than those candidates backed by traditional parties. When it comes to local government, my philosophy is that the Comune's needs have very little to do with politics. If a town needs a new school, or a library, or better organised services to its citizens, these are the same needs no matter the colour of the political party in charge.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down