The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pretty Isn't She?

4 posters

Go down

Pretty Isn't She? Empty Pretty Isn't She?

Post by Centauro Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 am

Italian railways showcase 'stunning' new Frecciarossa

Ferrovie dello Stato, Italy's state-owned railway company, this month presented its new technological gem, the high-speed Frecciarossa 1000 train, to President Giorgio Napolitano at a ceremony in Rome.

The top-end masterpiece was created by Italian train-maker AnsaldoBreda in conjunction with France's Bombardier. It is now touring Europe in a promotional roadshow that is slated to end when operational tests will start.

Source article continues: Ansa Link

Pretty Isn't She? Fr100011  Pretty Isn't She? 07153510  Pretty Isn't She? 12-tre11  Pretty Isn't She? 5820fr10  Pretty Isn't She? Frecci12  Pretty Isn't She? Frecci11
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Pretty Isn't She? Empty Re: Pretty Isn't She?

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:08 pm

It looks superb! Italian design at its best.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Beats the Old Chugga Boom Lucca to Aulla special
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Oh Flip, it does have some sort of decadent charm! Razz ou have to admit it.  In any case, I doubt very much that this glamourous beauty will ever make the Lucca to Aulla run...
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Centauro Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Definitely has a touch of 'The Mallard' about her though.

Pretty Isn't She? 30233210
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Post by Carciofo Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Oh dear, I'm a bit new to navigating this board.  I tried quoting Gala's post but it then only seemed possible to edit what was said rather than comment on it.  I must have done something wrong.

Anyway, what I was trying to add was a question about whether anyone knows of the progress (or otherwise) of a high speed rail line from Genoa down to Rome.    I thought I read somewhere that it was on the cards but that was a couple of years ago and I 've heard nothing since.  I presume it would go through La Spezia rather than Aulla.

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Centauro Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Carciofo wrote:Anyway, what I was trying to add was a question about whether anyone knows of the progress (or otherwise) of a high speed rail line from Genoa down to Rome.    I thought I read somewhere that it was on the cards but that was a couple of years ago and I 've heard nothing since.  I presume it would go through La Spezia rather than Aulla.

I see what you mean about quoting someone else's post!  Question  Not sure if this will help, but check out the link below.. Smile

Frecciabianca

Last edited by Centauro on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:33 pm

The problem with Frecciabianca is that it runs on traditional tracks, not High Speed ones... so it is not really a High Speed train...
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Carciofo Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 pm

I think you are right about that Gala.  4 something hours to Roma from Genova isn't really high speed is it?   I guess, in the current financial climate, it will take a long time to get a high speed rail line put in along that "corridor" but I'll say my prayers (much good it might do me Smile)

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 pm

I agree, Carciofo, the current economic climate does not help; however, I would add that such a big infrastructure work would provide employment opportunîties for quite a few people. On the other hand, some of the high speed lines - I'm particularly talking about the Spanish experience - have not proved to be economically viable. Perhaps the timing is wrong, but it could be great to travel from Rome to Genoa in half the time, at least, plus, taking into account the Spanish and the French networks, travel by train could prove a very interesting alternative. Let's pray to St Christopher, patron sain of travellers! Very Happy
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down