The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bocelli at Lajatico

5 posters

Go down

Bocelli at Lajatico Empty Re: Bocelli at Lajatico

Post by ghiro Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Gnisufnoc yrev!!  Very Happy  Very Happy
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Actually, the order on this item is reversed for some reason.

It fooled me for a time
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Whoops, today's post is out of sequence, an update perhaps to the forum s/w - Admin HELP!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Arianna and Friends have the details for the 2014 concert.

As I said before, although an expensive treat, their organisation was second to none:

[url=http://www.ariannandfriends.com/andreabocelli.htm?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Teatro del Silenzio 2014]http://www.ariannandfriends.com/andreabocelli.htm?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Teatro%20del%20Silenzio%202014[/url]
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 pm

After looking for some time, here's a utube of this years concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oesmo8PC0ZI

It leads on to some others.
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Thankyou for this interesting post. I just have to disagree about the accordion player as I thought he played with such passion. I was a bit disappointed in the young and beautiful violinist. I adore violins, and I'm sure she played very well, but in the close ups she looked like her main interest was looking young and beautiful, with as much passion as a stick of rock! (I went to a Nigel Kennedy concert once and was so swept away I felt bereft when it was over).

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:18 am

I wish you had.  I enjoy reading honest criticism.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Bocelli at Lajatico Empty Bocelli at Lajatico

Post by L'uomodellaluna Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:34 pm

I said that I would do a report on the concert when we returned and here it is.

As the lights went down, and the audience settled The big screens lit up and Giorgio Albertazzi recited  a poem by Bocelli, AB narrated over a film about his foundation, and then two teams of strange figures entered each side of the stage, and mounted into three tiers of the lighting and sound towers. They remained there for all of the concert, and to my mind added little.

The orchestra started excerpts from Aida with the Grand March, followed by two vocal pieces with Pauletta Marrocu and Alesandro Luongo. Luongo didn/t really have much to do but he's a fine baritone. They were accompanied bu one of the Ballet dancers dressed in a poor egyptian costume, who didn't really add much

Then Lindsay Kemp came on to a recording of La Traviata which the programme calls "Omaggio a Maria Callas". He was dressed like Miss Havisham from Great Expectations, and moved in slow motion across the stage to a chaise longue, where he looked sadly into a mirror, then moved off, once again in slow motion. It was well done, but difficult to understand why......

AB sang La mia letizia infondere from I Lombardi.

The Chorus and Orchestra (from the Teatro Carlo Fenice di Genova) continued with The Anvil Chorus from Il Trovatore, then AB, Marrocu, and Luongo finished the primo tempo with two further pieces.

The secondo tempo started with a second poem, and a repeat of the film about the foundation and then Mario Stefano Pietrodarchi leapt on to the stage. He seemed to acknowledge a much greater welcome than was offered!

I was always told that a gentleman was someone who could play the accordion, but didn't. This may colour my judgement, but I didn't think he was as good as he did.

AB did a number with violinist  Anastasya Petrishak  and the female dancer, then two songs with guitarist Pino Daniele

The orchestra and chorus did Verdi's Va Pensiero very well (you don't go far wrong playing that to an italian audience) Lindsay Kemp danced again to this, but didn't add much for me.

AB  then introduced Riccardo Cocciante, who I didn't know at this stage (I've researched him since, and I'm warming to him) He's tiny, with a Kevin Keegan perm, and he got a warm welcome. He sang two of his songs with AB, and whilst he was good, Bocelli sang much better.

He then completed his set at the piano, With "Margherita".

The Orchestra and Chorus did a great "O Fortuna" from  Carmina Burana accompanied by the two dancers, and - for the only time - the teams of people on the side towers made a useful contribution with wave like gestures.

AB and Petrodarchi did a rather clever version of La Vie en Rose with Edith Piaf singing on the screens.

AB introduced Pianist Peter Cincotti and Simona Molinari who did Ennio Morricone's  "A Rose Among Thorns" then AB,  Anastasya, Cincotti  and Molinari  did "Quizas Quizas Quizas"

AB finished off with Love Me Tender, and My Way, Then three encores finishing, naturally with Nessun Dorma, which he sang wonderfully.

I may seem critical, but we did enjoy the whole experience. Lindsay Kemp, the ballet dancers, and the two teams on each side of the stage seemed to me to be unnecessary, and Pitrodarchi didn't make much of an impression, but I enjoyed Cocciante.

Bocelli now looks much older than his photographs, and is greying, and has put on a bit of weight, but I think his voice is better than ever.

I'm sorry if this is a long post, but I could have written much more.
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down