The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gift Ideas for both Italians and English

4 posters

Go down

Gift Ideas for both Italians and English Empty Gift Ideas for both Italians and English

Post by Lisa C. Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Can anyone suggest ideas for items to bring as gifts to both Italians and some English?  We need to visit the anagrafe in the town my husband comes from.  In the past, we brought him a photo book of our State along with some maple candy.  No idea what to give him this time.  We also need a gift for Italian friends who own the two agriturismos we frequent.  We are thinking about bringing maple syrup but don't know if they will have much use for it.  We have previously also brought them maple candy, photo book, balsam filled pillows.  We also have a few English friends we would like to give something to.  We have brought over some maple syrup in the past for them and may do so again if we can't think of anything else.  We leave at the end of August.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Gift Ideas for both Italians and English Empty Re: Gift Ideas for both Italians and English

Post by la alma Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:07 am

We gave some maple syrup to our Italian neighbour, after making her some pancakes with maple syrup, and she loved it.
We have also gradually supplied most of the people in our hamlet, all Italian, with solar string lights. We had taken them for our terrace and everyone seemed paticularly taken with them and went searching locally for them without success. I dont know if it's just our area but plenty of other solar lights were available, just not the string type. It's a bit like a mini Blackpool Illuminations in our tiny hamlet now! They do make a good present to carry in hand luggage though as compact + very light. The Italians love them.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Gift Ideas for both Italians and English Empty Re: Gift Ideas for both Italians and English

Post by Flip Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:12 am

We find that all Italians appreciate gifts of food, especially if it is home-made. We often give Cup Cakes, Brownies or a bottle of our home-made Limoncello, when we either call on neighbours or thank someone for a favour.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:57 am

So, I have found the most divine maple caramels that I have decided to bring everyone.  They are made in Vermont at a very small facility and are beautifully packaged.  Let's hope they are a hit!  Thanks for the suggestions.  We're off in a little over 2 weeks.  Can't wait!
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carciofo Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:58 pm

la alma wrote:We have also gradually supplied most of the people in our hamlet, all Italian, with solar string lights. We had taken them for our terrace and everyone seemed paticularly taken with them and went searching locally for them without success. I dont know if it's just our area but plenty of other solar lights were available, just not the string type. It's a bit like a mini Blackpool Illuminations in our tiny hamlet now! They do make a good present to carry in hand luggage though as compact + very light. The Italians love them.

Would you please post a link that shows a picture of the kind of thing that you mean?  I am picturing something that can be suspended in the air but most of the ones I find online seem to need to dig into the ground.

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Carciofo, I think these  are the kind of thing, available from Amazon IT.
Solar Fairy lights
or
More Lights
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by la alma Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:11 pm

The ones I mean are just like Christmas tree lights that you can string along the top of railings. Most of the ones I've found have been white but occasionally there are coloured ones. You can also get variations - butterflies etc. but I like the simple ones best.

la alma
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down