The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apricale restaurateur to be on TV cooking show

4 posters

Go down

Apricale restaurateur to be on TV cooking show Empty Apricale restaurateur to be on TV cooking show

Post by Admin Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:56 am

Delio from the famous Apricalese restaurant 'Da Delio' will be appearing on 'La prova del cuoco' (Italian 'can't cook, won't cook') on 31/10/2013 from 12:00 Italian time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Apricale restaurateur to be on TV cooking show Empty Re: Apricale restaurateur to be on TV cooking show

Post by Carciofo Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:32 pm

They have such a programme in Italy?  Who would have thought it?

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Apricale restaurateur to be on TV cooking show Empty Re: Apricale restaurateur to be on TV cooking show

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Actually, I found out that there are plenty of programs on Italian TV about cooking and cooking competitions. I think that it is a worldwide trend, as the same thing applies to French and Spanish TV, which I regularly watch.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Carciofo Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm sure there are plenty of cookery programmes on Italian TV.  It was the allusion to "Can't Cook, Won't Cook" I thought was funny seeing as all Italians seem to be "obsessed" with food. Smile

Carciofo
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 am

Well, it must be a healthy obsession, as the obesity rate in Italy is quite low when it is compared with other countries: Italy's obesity facts
On the other hand, obesity amongst children is on the increase and I would blame the introduction of goods that were never part of the traditional Italian diet... which is, basically, the Mediterranean diet.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:46 am

Coke etc and pizza does not help and it's the parents that seem to like it the most...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:34 am

I don't think that the traditional homemade pizza is a problem. I would put the blame on the commercial ones and certain toppings which contain too many trans fats. Commercial drinks which contain too much sugar are a worldwide problem. What happened to the traditional lemonade or fresh orange juice without additives? I would increase taxes on those drinks as they seem to cause too many health problems. And if the children want something bubbly to drink, it is better to give them some mineral water "frizzante" and a few drops of fruit juice in it...
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down