The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian lessons

+6
Flip
La Dolcevita
Cassini
superman2
Admin
Casa Monal
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Italian lessons  Empty Italian lessons

Post by Casa Monal Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

Right we’ve taken the plunge...well sort of, we’re still treading water:lol: 

We want to come down for a month to do Italian lessons and we would welcome any recommendations in villages surrounding Pigna i.e. Apricale, Isalabona & Dolceaqua and the town/cities Bordighera, Ventimiglia and San Remo.

I found this one on line in San Remo Language school.  Has anyone used them?
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Italian lessons  Empty Re: Italian lessons

Post by Admin Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:35 pm

I thnk they will probably be your only choice if you want intensive lessons to be honest.

We know a couple of Italian teachers in the area (one in Dolceacqua) but you pay by the hour.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Italian lessons  Empty Abruzzo-learning Italian

Post by superman2 Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:31 am

Hi
For anyone living in the Teramo region of Abruzzo
A lovely lady called Carolyn has just moved into the Bisenti area with her husband. When she lived in England she was a teacher of Italian in secondary schools. She taught o-level and a -level. She is now offering Italian lessons to anyone who lives in the area - conversation classes for beginners, intermediate etc. - whatever your level.   Either at your house or hers. Individual or group lessons.   If anyone is interested, please PM me and and I will send you her e-mail address.

thanks

superman2

http://www.van2europe.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 pm

We got as far as visiting them, looking round and taking away a leaflet a few years ago.  Looked OK but never did anything more....
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for your input everyone. We’re still considering the language school in San Remo:) 

@Penny – please could you send me a pm with the names & contact details of the teachers in Dolceaqua. We really would prefer someone local.

*waving at Cassini* Laughing  just back from ‘sunny’ Yorkshire. I was going to email you to meet up for a coffee but we only had 2½ days and a very long ‘to do’ list. Email to follow Wink
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Drove through Saltaire on the 15th and thought of you both. Tried to remember which streets were 'in the family. Ah we missed you again... such a habit. Next time though.
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:40 pm

We were there from the 16th Surprised Mary Street Wink
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:34 pm

We're still looking  Laughing   

We plan to be down from the 15th January for at least 3 weeks.
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Italian lessons  Empty Ventimiglia

Post by La Dolcevita Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:57 am

There's meant to be a very good language school in Ventimiglia - I know a few people who have been the majority loved it.  I think it's in the evenings. There's no italian spoken - just english.  I'll see if I can find out anything more for you

La Dolcevita

http://www.italyinspired.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 am

La Dolcevita wrote:There's meant to be a very good language school in Ventimiglia - I know a few people who have been the majority loved it.  I think it's in the evenings. There's no Italian spoken - just English.  I'll see if I can find out anything more for you
Great thanks Very Happy  Mrs Google didn't find any in Ventimiglia though Surprised

Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:29 am

This is the school in Ventimiglia but I'm not sure how much use it is as it starts now and runs until June so you would miss the beginning and the end.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Admin wrote:This is the school in Ventimiglia but I'm not sure how much use it is as it starts now and runs until June so you would miss the beginning and the end.
Thanks very much. Will definitely drop them a line Smile
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:34 am

I received a reply from the language school in Ventimiglia.  

Dear 

We are deeply sorry but our Italian courses have already begun in October and they finish at the beginning of June. Unfortunately we haven’t got any Italian courses for foreigners for only a couple of months.

Hope to have you at our future Italian courses for a longer time,
Kind Regards,
Coordinating teacher,

Tullio Gugole

At least we know where it is now. And no doubt, we will be needing more lessons once we live down there permanently.
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by La Dolcevita Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Looks like we might be in the same class then - I'm looking to start next Autumn Very Happy

La Dolcevita

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

La Dolcevita wrote:Looks like we might be in the same class then - I'm looking to start next Autumn Very Happy
Very Happy Great...hopefully by then I'll be able to 'help' you:D
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by La Dolcevita Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:39 pm

I need all the "help" I can get - class tomorrow here in the UK - passato prossimo and imperfecto - slightly going in but a long way to go to be able to use it!!

La Dolcevita

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Is it just me or is the Italian language ‘difficult’ and ‘confusing’?  (The correct answer is the latter of course  Laughing )

We started private lessons in January and we’ve already had 10 hours but we’re still struggling to put a sentence together. Embarassed 

All hints and tips are more than welcome.
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Most Comunes here run a subsidised program for teaching Italian to Foreigners, which I myself have attended; but no matter what tuition one gets it is practical usage and practice which will make it all become easier. Thankfully I am married to an Italian so always have ''Backup'' at hand, but it is a lot different from English in both Verb structure and the old Male Female thingy.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:09 pm

I thought you were a natural linguist! sunny
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:47 am

Casa Monal.............

Good luck.............we have had LOADS of lessons, formal and informal, we have LIVED here for over 5 years and I am still USELESS !! Some points relative to me:

1. I am lazy, and do not want to spend my retirement years in school,
2. I am just no good at languages, even my English is only just about there !
3. We have been 'dragged' into an ex-pat life whereby we usually speak English,
4. Our immediate neighbours all speak 'dialetto'
5. We have not lost out by much, even at doctor and hospital visits because we know just enough (we think !)
6. I think (easy to do) that,....... having enjoyed life here for so long, do I NEED to do anymore ?
7. We have a dozen or two Italian speaking friends who we converse with (sometimes with difficulty), but we survive !
8. Finally............we watch only UK TV having started out with only Italian TV

As I say, good luck !  Embarassed  I know..........I am a bad example !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

I'm glad you found some lessons. It is practice, practice, practice. Try avoiding UK TV if you want to improve and stick to Italian. It really makes a difference but I must admit it is hard to do.
I think most people learn in plateaus so you will struggle on for a bit thinking you know nothing then suddenly something out of nowhere will click and the fog will clear. Then you'll learn some more and feel useless again and after a while that too will click. It might be weeks, month or years between the clicks but they will come so long as you get practice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Italian lessons  Empty This sums it up for us...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:26 am

Admin wrote:I'm glad you found some lessons. It is practice, practice, practice. Try avoiding UK TV if you want to improve and stick to Italian. It really makes a difference but I must admit it is hard to do.I think most people learn in plateaus so you will struggle on for a bit thinking you know nothing then suddenly something out of nowhere will click and the fog will clear. Then you'll learn some more and feel useless again and after a while that too will click. It might be weeks, month or years between the clicks but they will come so long as you get practice.

This sums it up for us... Don't think it particularly hard to learn, but a bit more difficult to master Laughing  Laughing

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:18 pm

Cassini wrote:I thought you were a natural linguist! sunny

Apparently not… Razz 

Buonasera
Come stai?
Bene grazie
e lei?

Sei inglese?
No, non sono inglese
Soni di orlandese

Thanks for your words of encouragement everyone  flower  Where there’s a will, there’s a way...

We’re taking private lesson here, here as Olanda. Cinzia our teacher is from Rome and she’s great, very patient which helps!

We’ll be in Pigna for a week from the 28th February so it’s going to be a case of practice, practice and more practice Basketball
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Eh...eh...eh...
Piano, piano.
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Cassini wrote:Eh...eh...eh...Piano, piano.

Come, scusi? Puȯ ripetere, per favoure?  Razz 

Painfully slow but there is 'progress'. We’re getting our heads around the verb endings. The good news is that we can recognise so much more now and we can even string a basic sentence together Surprised. Such fun being on a course with Al, guess whose homework is neatly typed and whose homework is scribbled on a note pad totally illegible  Very Happy 

I can’t wait to practice on the unsuspecting locals…at least we’ll have a good laugh  Laughing
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next