The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax on money coming into Italy

+2
ghiro
Hazy
6 posters

Go down

Tax on money coming into Italy Empty Tax on money coming into Italy

Post by Hazy Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Today I have been hearing panic stories that any money coming into Italy will be subject to a 20% tax - anybody know anything about this?
It would make a huge difference to my pension income and I couldn't even sell up and go back to the UK - who is buying property right now? Property in my village has been on the market ever since I came to live here over 4 years ago. I live here permanently, don't work, don't have any income other than pensions so you can imagine how drastic this could be.
Any info would be greatly appreciated by myself and others - especially if it could be proven that this is just scandalmongering!

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Tax on money coming into Italy Empty Re: Tax on money coming into Italy

Post by ghiro Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Why not have a look at the '20% Withholding Tax on transfers from outside Italy' thread by Admin?

Very informative Hazy! Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Think Hazy has missed this for the very reason we are all probably missing posts...  Because they disappear and you have to go to the Portal (next to "Home" on the menu above) to find them.... This is a LINK to the post Hazy...  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes Hazy, I was about to post the same link in case you missed it. I recommend you to specially look at both Admin and modicasa useful explanations. Talk to your bank.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks stevegwmonkseaton for explaining this, I don't like to look a fool - probably like most I had no idea what Portal meant. Having just gone to Portal I see nothing that pertains to my original post - how exactly does it work - in words of one syllable please  Very Happy

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Hazy:
If you go to portal, you can see the latest posts in the moving window, where you can just click on the one you are interested in. Alternatively, when you are signed in, just click on the unread posts above the listings, to see what you have missed.
Sorry, could not make it in one syllable  Sad
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Thanks for your honesty Hazy, I too find it hard to look foolish...

Thanks Geo for the picking this up... Great when people try to help... shame when thing go wrong.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:05 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Think Hazy has missed this for the very reason we are all probably missing posts...  Because they disappear and you have to go to the Portal (next to "Home" on the menu above) to find them.
I have a different approach. 

I go to 'Home' and then, just above 'General' (on the far left), I click on ''View posts since last visit' which works for me.  Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 pm

ghiro wrote:
stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Think Hazy has missed this for the very reason we are all probably missing posts...  Because they disappear and you have to go to the Portal (next to "Home" on the menu above) to find them.
I have a different approach.  I go to 'Home' and then, just above 'General' (on the far left), I click on ''View posts since last visit' which works for me.  Smile
Ghiro, I've done the same as you almost since I came on here (and still do), but know I've missed posts. It was not until Admin pointed out the portal I found this out.... Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:21 pm

If you look at the forum on a smart phone and your PC it is possible to miss posts via the ''View posts since last visit" link unfortunately.

One thinks the other has already seen it. Another thing for our 'proper' site to resolve.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Sometimes I have also missed on new posts. I thought it was ME!!! Glad to hear that others have had similar problems.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down