The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The things you get in your figs....

5 posters

Go down

The things you get in your figs.... Empty The things you get in your figs....

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu May 29, 2014 10:14 am

... so tiny as well BBC Wasp LINK  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

The things you get in your figs.... Empty Re: The things you get in your figs....

Post by Gala Placidia Thu May 29, 2014 11:52 am

Now, thank you so much, Steve. You just ruined my fig-eating season... all what I would be thinking of would be the wasps... millions of them  Sad
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

The things you get in your figs.... Empty Re: The things you get in your figs....

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu May 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Gala Placidia wrote:Now, thank you so much, Steve. You just ruined my fig-eating season... all what I would be thinking of would be the wasps... millions of them  Sad

Think of it another way Gala, you have been eating them for years! How did you think they ever got pollinated with their flowers inside....  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu May 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Sometimes, it is better to ignore certain things... Wasps! I am allergic to their bite. I got bitten once at Montefegatessi, my leg was in a shocking condition for more than a week and the pain was unbearable! That's it, figs are no longer on my diet! And I used to love them.... Crying or Very sad
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu May 29, 2014 12:20 pm

... these don't sting Gala, just make the figs taste sweeter..  Twisted Evil

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu May 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Don't Panic, make Fig Jam, that'll kill 'em all of (the remnants will turn to extra protein) serve with a nice tasty Pecorino, job done !!
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu May 29, 2014 3:31 pm

The fig jam is a good idea. Perhaps a fig paste, like quince paste. Equal amounts of sugar and fruit, allow the mixture to boil, stirring until it really thickens, pour into a tin and allow it to dry in the sun... or in a very low temperature oven. Serve sliced with cheese and walnuts or pecan nuts. A glass of wine... heaven!  Very Happy
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Thu May 29, 2014 8:35 pm

We've got some fig trees. 

A great lunch:Fresh figs, pecorino, a little olive oil on the pecorino, pane pugliese, a glass of vino rossso and some acqua frizzante - beats anything I ever have at lunch in the UK.  All the better if you can have it in the great Italian outdoors.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Thu May 29, 2014 8:36 pm

PS looks like we all like our Pane Pugliese!

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu May 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Wasps are the least of my worries!

I try to avoid 'fig' (and also 'roof' and 'pen') when speaking Italian in case I inadvertently get the gender wrong.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

Are there other Italian nouns I should also be worrying about?
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri May 30, 2014 7:18 am

I wouldn't worry Ghiro, most Italians will forgive a Straniero's attempt at gender classification, most are pleased that you make the effort.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down