The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet Peas

2 posters

Go down

Sweet Peas Empty Sweet Peas

Post by Angela Fuller Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:05 am

This cold wet Spring has really helped bring them on......I was told they would not grow here as too hot ha ha......Mine are doing v nicely and picking more and more every day....A good year for Sweet Peas so far.......Porcupines however are eating my iris's again !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Sweet Peas Empty Re: Sweet Peas

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:03 am

We have not tried to grow them, but have seen them in our neighbors garden the last 3 years and they have always been amazing... However this year are definitely the best I've seen wonderful display of self-seeded flowers...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am

That's good news to hear they are self seeding and flowering well... Do you know if they are the cultivated or wild type ? Both are lovely..... I am 650m up, and have been told they would not grow here,so am chuffed ! Mine are cultivated ones.....as wanted them to cut to sell....this colder damp Spring seems to be what they like....and are planted in the shade......just incase we get some sun !!!
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:13 am

Angela Fuller wrote:That's good news to hear they are self seeding and flowering well... Do you know if they are the cultivated or wild type ? Both are lovely..... I am 650m up, and have been told they would not grow here,so am chuffed ! Mine are cultivated ones.....as wanted them to cut to sell....this colder damp Spring seems to be what they like....and are planted in the shade......just in case we get some sun !!!

Think they were brought over from the UK. They are at about 400m, so a little lower down, and have them growing up an east facing garage wall, so they get early morning sun and shade later.. They may have gone native this year as most of the flowers are a very deep vivid blue. The plants are the most healthy sweet peas I've ever seen and have loads of these lovely flowers... We will certainly look to grow some next year, just have not had time this year to do so. Exclamation

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down