The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Insurance.

+7
Angela Fuller
Admin
Geotherm
Flip
lancashire lass
stevegwmonkseaton
modicasa
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Health Insurance. Empty Health Insurance.

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:21 am

Can anyone recommend affordable health insurance, with either an English or Italian company, acceptable by the Comune for a residency application.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Health Insurance. Empty Re: Health Insurance.

Post by modicasa Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:00 am

That deoends on your commune, but Generali is usually accepted and its not costly.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:10 am

It was a few years back now, but we were not asked for health insurance cover and did not mention it.... I'm guessing our comune got it wrong or simply were not bothered.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:52 am

A few years ago Steve it was not necessary to have 'health insurance' to become a resident, apparently it now is if you are under 60 or is it 65 ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:49 am

It's required if you are under UK pension age and not contributing to the Italian system.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:21 am

Angela Fuller wrote:A few years ago Steve it was not necessary to have 'health insurance' to become a resident, apparently it now is if you are under 60 or is it 65 ?

It was when we became resident (4 years ago), but not by our Comune, or they did not bother. In receipt of UK state pension is the criteria where you would be also covered. However I almost sure you can piggy-back on your OH's qualification ....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:40 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
It was when we became resident (4 years ago), but not by our Comune, or they did not bother. In receipt of UK state pension is the criteria where you would be also covered. However I almost sure you can piggy-back on your OH's qualification ....

Steve, OH became resident 10 yrs ago, we went to comune yesterday armed with out google translate description of what we wanted....ie residency for me....there was no question about it I had to have health insurance and nothing was discussed about piggy-backing on OH's....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Angela Fuller wrote:
stevegwmonkseaton wrote:It was when we became resident (4 years ago), but not by our Comune, or they did not bother. In receipt of UK state pension is the criteria where you would be also covered. However I almost sure you can piggy-back on your OH's qualification ....
Steve, OH became resident 10 yrs ago, we went to comune yesterday armed with out google translate description of what we wanted....ie residency for me....there was no question about it I had to have health insurance and nothing was discussed about piggy-backing on OH's....

Ah yes Admin's old area - Le Marche... Like all comune, it does not matter what is correct, it's what they say is needed...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Health Insurance. Empty Health Insurance - try Groupama

Post by clombardelli Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:14 am

My husband and I were told we had to have private medical insurance by the Comune in Tolentino.  We pay around E300 per person per year.
The agent for Assicurazione Groupama is Carla Natalini in Passo Ripe San Ginesio.

clombardelli
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:14 am

i thought you had to be of Italian state pension age to qualify?

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:55 am

lancashire lass wrote:i thought you had to be of Italian state pension age to qualify?

Sorry, lancashire lass, you've lostme....to qualify for what ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Well I guess LL is talking health cover, for which you need to be in receipt of a state pension, anywhere in the EU would do.  But it does raise the question of having some Italian insurance contributions, not too sure what their minimum qualification is these days (if any), however if you have UK contributions as well, then you could use these in their combined calculation to qualify for a pension. It matters little what the amount is, just as long as you have one in payment. The Italians used to have the lowest retirement age within the EU, but I would hazard a guess this has changed...

Last edited by stevegwmonkseaton on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Sorry, I meant that to qualify for free health care in Italy  I thought you had to 65  which is not the the same as pension age in the uk.

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Unsure about 'retiremant age here' but, if entitled to a pension here it seems to be 66 for men and 64 for women....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:00 pm

clombardelli wrote:My husband and I were told we had to have private medical insurance by the Comune in Tolentino.  We pay around E300 per person per year. The agent for Assicurazione Groupama is Carla Natalini in Passo Ripe San Ginesio.

Thank you clombardelli for that...  I am not far from Passo Ripe San Genesio,would you possible have Carla's e.mail address as my Italian is rubbish...still, so would prefer mailing her initially rather than phoning.  Many thx again.

Last edited by Angela Fuller on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:00 pm

To Qualify for 'Assisted' not free Health Cover in Italy, you need to contribute to the system through INAIL/INPS or be Resident and of 'Pensionable' age. Ask Penny (Admin) for the finer details she's a past master at all this I think.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:19 pm

If hubby had the S1 Angie, were you included on it?
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Geotherm, no he does not have the S1, he had the form E121 and I was not included on it as I was a working in the UK for most of the year therefore not entitled to residency here.  I am assuming Penny I need to insure myself up until pensionable age (if not working) 64 yrs here ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Sorry I did imply the same as Geo once before, but did not follow this up as I thought it would be simply too much hassle for you and you may get nowhere. At the end of the day, what your own comune says is gospel. I know of people in other comune where the guy behind the desk ignored everything, including letters from the UK embassy in Rome... However I'm almost certain your husband is entitled to health care in Italy (agree with Flip's limits comment) if he is in receipt of a UK retirement pension. Equally you are/can be covered by this .... Whether or not this will help/enable you to get residency (why anyone would want such..) I have my doubts in view of the problems I know others had in Le Marche... My knowledge on the subject is old, however I did work in the very department in the UK that dealt with such requests, thankfully for only a few years... If you want current information on your entitlement (note not what the comune may or may not accept), then call this lot asking  them the question "if my husband living with me in Italy and getting his UK retirement pension am I entitled to health cover under his form S1". Be prepared at the start to say you want to speak to someone who issues forms S1 for people in receipt of UK retirement pension. Apologies if this is not for you Angela as I know it's your post, but it may help (or not) others that read the post...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Lancashire Lass you have to be 65 in Italy to get free prescriptions and tests etc. But that assumes you are already subscribed to the Italian health care system. To qualify for the Italian health care system in the first place you need to either pay in or have a form from the UK saying they will pick up the tab. Nowadays that means you have to be of UK state pensionable age as that is the only circumstance in which they will issue one.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Health Insurance. Empty Health Insurance - Passo San Ginesio

Post by clombardelli Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:31 am

Hi Angela
I don't have an email address, but telephone number is 0733 500440.  Do you know the restaurant L'Aprodo - on the other side of the road from the restaurant is a small car park, and as you go in the car park, her office is on the ground floor on the left hand side.
One of my very good friends Aurelia, also works in the same office and speaks very good English.  She normally works only in the mornings.  So if you pop in and ask for Aurelia, she will help you translate, as Carla does not speak English.  They are all a really friendly helpful group of people.
Regards.
PS In the meantime I will ask Aurelia if there is an email address you can communicate on.

clombardelli
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 am

Hi Angie, you need to cover yourself with medical insurance to obtain residency. After that no-one checks but you also aren't covered under the Italian system until you have permanent residency (which is after 5 years). However, we had huge problems trying to get Ascoli Piceno ASL to grant us health cover based on our permanent residency. This may have changed as it was a particular person causing the problem.
You used to be able to pay voluntary contributions to ASL to cover you for one year (it was about €450) but only once you are resident. So, you have to get the insurance for the first year and then see if you can pay voluntary contributions after that. That is assuming you can't get covered based on your husband's contributions. Usually he has to sign something at the ASL to say you are his dependent and living at his expense. This may even be sufficient for residency. Have you checked with your comune? Take someone along to translate as so much gets lost in translation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:54 am

Many thanks Steve, I have made contact with the peeps who issue the S1 forms and am awaiting their reply.  If favourable Penny I will ask in the comune if they would accept that as cover and if so visit local ASL.  Thank you both.  Clombardelli, thank you again for contact number, location of office and possibly asking your friend Aurelia for an e-mail address I can make contact on to fill them in on my needs and ensure Aurelia will be there to act as interpreter.  Yes Flip, Penny is the font of all knowledge especially regarding health issues, her last posting was extremely helpful and informative as usual. Geo, as you can see, I am on the case re:Form S1 or its equivalent. Thx again all.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Health Insurance. Empty Email address for Angela

Post by clombardelli Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Angela
Email address for Carla is plan@habitat@libero.it.

clombardelli
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Wed May 20, 2015 10:26 am

Admin wrote:Hi Angie, you need to cover yourself with medical insurance to obtain residency. After that no-one checks but you also aren't covered under the Italian system until you have permanent residency (which is after 5 years). However, we had huge problems trying to get Ascoli Piceno ASL to grant us health cover based on our permanent residency. This may have changed as it was a particular person causing the problem.You used to be able to pay voluntary contributions to ASL to cover you for one year (it was about €450) but only once you are resident. So, you have to get the insurance for the first year and then see if you can pay voluntary contributions after that. That is assuming you can't get covered based on your husband's contributions. Usually he has to sign something at the ASL to say you are his dependent and living at his expense. This may even be sufficient for residency. Have you checked with your comune? Take someone along to translate as so much gets lost in translation.

Hi all,

Well the latest news is.......I have got an S1 form from DWP in UK as OH is a pensioner and I am now dependant on him and his pension, (I am a mere 55yrs young).  Anyway, took the S1 and other documentation to comune...They accepted S1 as health insurance but questioned the 30yr old marriage certificate and asked for an International one / or translation ?  Did not know they existed....Then, after much discussion they asked for codice fiscale, I provided that and signed on the dotted line.  Now waiting for a visit in the next couple of days from the local Polizia to confirm I am living here and should then get residency, within 2 weeks fingers crossed.  Hopefully this info may help others....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next