The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOMMENDATIONS - area/accommodation

5 posters

Go down

RECOMMENDATIONS - area/accommodation Empty RECOMMENDATIONS - area/accommodation

Post by Casa Monal Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello  Very Happy

We’re hoping to spend a week in Sardinia next year, 28th May to 4th June 2016. There are nine of us, 6 adults; three children aged eight, three & two.  I’ve been on several websites including Owners Direct and TripAdvisor and found some wonderful properties; problem is they all look good as do all the towns, areas etc.  

I’d be grateful for any recommendations; we'd also prefer an area/accommodation close to the airport considering the children’s ages… the flight from London is already over a two-hour flight cyclops

Thanks  Smile
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

RECOMMENDATIONS - area/accommodation Empty Re: RECOMMENDATIONS - area/accommodation

Post by ghiro Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:40 pm

I've never been to Sardinia but am really looking forward to going there soon.  I hope you get some good recommendations Casa Monal that I can feed off! Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

RECOMMENDATIONS - area/accommodation Empty Re: RECOMMENDATIONS - area/accommodation

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 am

The problem is that the whole of Sardinia is wonderful and it would be difficult to decide which location will suit you better. I have been a couple of times there, although not recently, and I have always thoroughly enjoyed my visits. Traveling with young children will somehow restrict your movements. This guide will be very helpful http://www.charmingsardinia.com/sardinia/top-10-sardinian-places
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 am

Villasimius!Our town great place and just 50 min from Cagliari airport
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:17 pm

@ghiro – I’ll do a recky*. *recky - reconnaissance mission - a mission with the objective of obtaining information usually regarding the position or activities of an ‘’enemy’’. (just in case an explanation is necessary:twisted:  lol!)

@Gala - thanks for the link Gala. Had a look, some beautiful places, very posh, perhaps too posh for my lot Laughing

@pass55 – I’m sure it is…the whole island is beautiful Very Happy We’re considering a villa near Alghero, just need to check flights etc. Logistical headache, need flights from London, Yorkshire and the Netherlands…and they should all arrive at the same time. drunken
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:23 pm

We're going in September for a week but it's not near an airport although it is voted the best family hotel on Sardegna. I'll let you know what it's like.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Sounds like Forte Village Admin
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:44 pm

No, it's called Hotel Club Saraceno. I went to the Forte village donkey's years ago but I can't say I was impressed. Of course I was a lot younger and didn't have kids so maybe I'd feel differently now but it was like a posher Butlins!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:54 am

Very posh now as in Gordon Ramsay restaurant posh
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:02 am

I've just looked it up - it's changed beyond all recognition! It's more like it's own country and massively out of our budget!!!!

Mind you I wasn't paying last time - it was a free company holiday. I imagine those days are over now what with austerity Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pas55 Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:59 am

Admin wrote:I've just looked it up - it's changed beyond all recognition! It's more like it's own country and massively out of our budget!!!!Mind you I wasn't paying last time - it was a free company holiday. I imagine those days are over now what with austerity Very Happy

It's the only reason BA  fly direct to Sardinia during the summertime
pas55
pas55
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down