The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About buying in Abruzzo

4 posters

Go down

About buying in Abruzzo Empty About buying in Abruzzo

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon May 20, 2013 2:24 pm

I thought as we live in Abruzzo this would be a good topic to start off on a new forum (best of luck in this brave venture). Hopefully there are others from the same region who will expand on this post. Ok a lot of this may be more general to the Italy wide side of things, but hopefully people will keep it specific to this area and perhaps there could be another broad Italy post? There is a wiki link that gives a good picture of the region (can't include the link as a new member, but it's this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abruzzo. I would suggest anyone looking to buy here is making a good choice both in terms of (very importantly) low prices and the experience of the region, which we have found to be very different from other areas of Italy... You will see from the above link there are currently 4 provinces. I would strongly suggest you look at all 4 if you are thinking of buying. Like I've said, hopefully others will add to this, if not, then perhaps this little info will help someone... Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

About buying in Abruzzo Empty Re: About buying in Abruzzo

Post by Admin Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks Steve. I haven't put a restriction on posting links so I think it must be a Forumotion one. Sorry!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

About buying in Abruzzo Empty Not a problem and likely a good idea

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon May 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks Steve. I haven't put a restriction on posting links so I think it must be a Forumotion one. Sorry!

Not a problem and likely a good idea, the notification was that there is a 7 day limit before you can post external links or email addresses. Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

About buying in Abruzzo Empty Buying in Abruzzo

Post by superman2 Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 pm

We bought a house here in Abruzzo a few years a go with a view to complete renovation. Unfortunately, the house got hit by the earthquake so it changed everything for us in terms of budget, planning and building  rules etcc. It will be some time before we achieve our goal of living in a renovated Italian farmhouse. Every region of Italy is different, just as in the UK but we were drawn to Abruzzo by its beauty, its wildness, remoteness and unchanged character. It is also, I believe one of the cheapest regions to buy a property. We have amazing views, our own olive orchard, peace and tranquility. Everyone in the village knows us and looks out for us .Living here, however and trying to earn a living here is very difficult and some expats here just don't make it. But it would be the same, I guess, moving to rural Wales for example. But as advice to other expats looking at moving to Italy, explore and look at all regions. Look at your own position first  - are you retired, do you have enough funds to live on, do you have to find work, if you need an income, how will you earn money and above all, what you want to get from 'living the dream'. Do we have any regrets? No, we have had many ups and downs but we would not have changed this experience for anything...

superman2

http://www.van2europe.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:17 pm

superman2 wrote:Do we have any regrets? No, we have had many ups and downs but we would not have changed this experience for anything...
Well said that superman! Smile

I'm sure that all of us who own property in Italy have been through the 'ups and downs' but the fact we're still there is testament to the fact that 'living the dream' is so very very worthwhile.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down