The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abruzzo Forum

4 posters

Go down

Abruzzo Forum Empty Abruzzo Forum

Post by Rainbow Maiden Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:25 am

There is a new forum dedicated to the lovely area of Abruzzo. http://www.allinabruzzo.com/forum/index.php

I have recently returned from a holiday there and love it. Thinking of buying a house there when I retire. It is the nicest part of Italy I have been to. Superb beaches, spectacular mountain views and lovely hilltop villages with friendly and welcoming inhabitants.

I could live there tomorrow! I love you

Rainbow Maiden
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Abruzzo Forum Empty Re: Abruzzo Forum

Post by Lagartija Nick Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:08 am

There's also another Abruzzo forum that can be found via  web search for abruzzo uncovered forum
Lagartija Nick
Lagartija Nick
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:32 pm

.. well Pink Bauhaus I watched this site all day and there is less going on there almost than is going on on the other quoted forum. The latter which from what I've heard deserves no more...

Forums are hard to get going, as this one has proved despite excellent members... Of course there are problems with such dysfunctional characters who come together from no where, so no surprise there. The surprise is that others try to set up rival forums (as is this one really).  I appreciate some have no choice if they are extradited from a particular forum, but it's a shame the likes of Abruzzo can't show a united front! For this forum, time will tell.. it needs more members but has some of the best I've read... 

PS Come back Vincino if you are still reading here... we are all boring old farts to me, but I don't believe there is a clique, as is , it's a misconception on a lot of forums...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagartija Nick Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:12 am

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:.. well Pink  Bauhaus I watched this site all day and there is less going on there almost than is going on on the other quoted forum. The latter which from what I've heard deserves no more...

Bauhaus...spot on

Pink?????????

I agree that Abruzzo needs a united forum, the problem in the past has been (in my experience) that the major forum worked well then went into decline around 2011 when the owners started to police it heavily, censorship was rife and cliques formed that were starting to become school yard bullies. I stopped visiting around 2012 and haven't been a member of any forums since until I stumbled across this one, and thought I'd give it a try.

I wonder why you say the other forum deserves no more, I've not yet looked at it
Lagartija Nick
Lagartija Nick
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Abruzzo Forum Empty Forum cliques

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:53 am

Lagartija Nick wrote:
stevegwmonkseaton wrote:.. well Pink  Bauhaus I watched this site all day and there is less going on there almost than is going on on the other quoted forum. The latter which from what I've heard deserves no more...
Bauhaus...spot on
Pink?????????

I agree that Abruzzo needs a united forum, the problem in the past has been (in my experience) that the major forum worked well then went into decline around 2011 when the owners started to police it heavily, censorship was rife and cliques formed that were starting to become school yard bullies. I stopped visiting around 2012 and haven't been a member of any forums since until I stumbled across this one, and thought I'd give it a try.

I wonder why you say the other forum deserves no more, I've not yet looked at it
Well I was not going to reply to this as I thought it's not really relevant to this forum and more a two way conversation. But on second thoughts I do think part of it is relevant to all forums. An important point about "cliques", which I'm not saying can't exist on forums, but conclude that they are often figments of our imagination or just people with similar interests and/or views seeming to "gang up" on others. Yes a bit like a play ground and real life for that matter. Here we have a number of members who have a place in or around Bagni di lucca, so you could expect them to be of a similar ilk...
There is a lot goes on in and around forums we don't know the exact truth about, but when people are openly hostile to a forum, perhaps it's time to leave, especially if it's towards the person running it! I don't know the truth of it all, but did see in the likes of Italymag, that there had been some bad stuff going on. There are a number of  "dogs of war" who have been members on a number of forums I've been on over the years, these I trust in their opinions and have some very valuable advice from. Some of them can be very blunt, some would even say very rude, but over all they make or break a forum...

"Pink61", just another assumption I guess....  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nielo Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:18 pm

A clique is only a clique if you are not part of it, otherwise it's just your friends or people who think in a similar way:D

I run a forum for Abruzzo and I think it's great that there are other forums. Each forum is different, as are forum members and having a choice means people who don't like one forum can leave and go to another which is much better than staying with the sole intention of causing disruption.

I don't know about other forums but mine is an expense, not an earner so I don't feel that it's a competition.

This very forum was spawned when another went sour and it's doing a very good job. Forums, which provide something people want will survive those that don't, won't. At the end of the day it's not life and death, just pixels on a screen.

Nielo
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lagartija Nick Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Which forum is this Neilo? PM me if you don't want to say publicly
Lagartija Nick
Lagartija Nick
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content