The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visiting Abruzzo

4 posters

Go down

Visiting Abruzzo Empty Visiting Abruzzo

Post by Rainbow Maiden Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 pm

I am visiting Abruzzo for the first time next summer and starting planning now. Can anyone recommend where I should stay so I can see the best of Abruzzo and what I should make sure I see?

Rainbow Maiden
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Visiting Abruzzo Empty Re: Visiting Abruzzo

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Depends on the type of things you like; buildings, landscape or cities in general, but you might find this link helpful regards what to see... abruzzolutely LINK Regards where to stay, well it's not that big a place, so it depends on if it's ease of access to see the above, comfort or whatever... It's split into 3 areas in my mind; coast; countryside in the middle and mountains further on... To be honest, although we live here (Abruzzo), we have not ventured out from our local area very much... But certainly if you explore the above link you will find lots of information... Want to know anything after that, then by all means shout or get in touch direct. Very Happy Very Happy

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 pm

This link may be helpful Visiting Abruzzo
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Maiden Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for the information and links. Not very much into mountains, too much like hard work climbing, skiing etc. Like lazy days in beautiful countryside in close proximity to beaches. Not keen on beaches with sunbeds and brollies but love to swim, snorkel and generally mess about in and on the water.

Rainbow Maiden
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Visiting Abruzzo Empty Mmmmm

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Rainbow Maiden wrote:Thanks for the information and links. Not very much into mountains, too much like hard work climbing, skiing etc. Like lazy days in beautiful countryside in close proximity to beaches. Not keen on beaches with sunbeds and brollies but love to swim, snorkel and generally mess about in and on the water.
Look up snorkel on the forum link I give you... Think that will help, but Vasto is mentioned a lot (not been). I know Pineto has lots of brollies in the main beach stretch, but not so either side, not too sure about snorkelling there. Sure if you find a post on the link you can join and get in touch with them, they are a helpful lot.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Maiden Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:54 pm

I have looked at that forum before as guest, but wasn't happy seems to be a lot of bullying and fighting and not what I want to get involved in.

Rainbow Maiden
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Rainbow Maiden wrote:I have looked at that forum before as guest, but wasn't happy seems to be a lot of bullying and fighting and not what I want to get involved in.
None of that here.  We're all very touchy feely Smile Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Maiden Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Glad to hear it. Very Happy

Rainbow Maiden
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 pm

I have not visited Abruzzo for a long time now; however, we went to the southern end of Le Marche earlier in the year. I am afraid that you will find brollies, etc almost everywhere in Italy, but I vaguely remember that Pineto was quite nice. In Le Marche, we stayed at Loreto, with lovely seaviews, but we also went to all the beaches along the coast. Around Numana, there are some lovely places and you will possibly find some hidden jewels in Abruzzo. This link may help Pineto and Abruzzo beaches
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Visiting Abruzzo Empty As on all forums there will be trouble...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Rainbow Maiden wrote:I have looked at that forum before as guest, but wasn't happy seems to be a lot of bullying and fighting and not what I want to get involved in.
As on all forums there will be trouble (even here). So don't be put off, you don't have to join in, just ask for the information you want and leave. Smile  It does not seem as if you intend to live there (here), so no reason to stay on the forum. I'm sure most there would be happy to advise you....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down