The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living near Ascoli Piceno

3 posters

Go down

Living near Ascoli Piceno Empty Living near Ascoli Piceno

Post by FBower Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:59 am

I believe some of the posters on this forum live in the Ascoli Piceno area and I just wondered how the area is faring now since the earthquake which destroyed Amatrice. My son is thinking of a long term let in the area but I am concerned about the earthquakes/tremors which seem to be daily and whether infrastructure e.g. bridges has been repaired. Any updates would be gratefully received.

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Living near Ascoli Piceno Empty Re: Living near Ascoli Piceno

Post by Geotherm Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi.
We are just outside Amandola, which used to come undeer the Ascoli province.
There are no real aftershocks of any real scale since the quake of last year. Our house was damaged and is now being repaired, but very little seismic activity since the bad quakes.
Hope this helps
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by FBower Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Many thanks for the update. I had heard that houses were now being repaired where possible but just wanted to check. Pleased to hear that yours is one of them. The place he wants to rent is in Venarotta which sounds really ideal but as we are over in Lazio we don't really know the area. How is internet is the area?

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:58 pm

errmmmm

There are LOTS of properties in a state of disrepair, abandonment and effectively inhabitable in Gualdo, San Ginesio and Caldarola all slightly north of Ascoli Piceno. The authorities are 'allegedly' getting things sorted but..........it is slow slow progress.

We have four couples of friends who are in no way likely to have their properties back in habitable state (through the state) for a few years yet.

Having said all that, I am slightly north of Ascoli Piceno, and HOPEFULLY, things are settling down.

Internet is not an issue in any way. Life goes on !!

Great to hear that things are moving in the right direction for you Geotherm !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down