The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC reporting - Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli

5 posters

Go down

BBC reporting -  Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli Empty BBC reporting - Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:54 pm

apparently during an exercise they collided mid-air BBC article LINK

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

BBC reporting -  Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli Empty Re: BBC reporting - Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli

Post by ghiro Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:53 pm

Dreadful - but  I bet one of the pilots was on his mobile phone.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

BBC reporting -  Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli Empty Re: BBC reporting - Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:08 pm

ghiro wrote:Dreadful - but  I bet one of the pilots was on his mobile phone.

... well it will be interesting to see if you get any other response to this... Personally (and I'm likely repeating myself here - old age an drink I blame) I don't like humour very much as often as it's at someone else's expense (if not always).  Let us know if you reflect on this ....  Evil or Very Mad  Very Happy  Twisted Evil

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazy Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:35 am

I agree with Steve - bad taste. Would you repeat this in front of the parents of those involved, Ghiro?

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:55 am

To be honest Hazy, I did see the humour (black as it is - are you allowed that term these days.. ) as I see so many Italians in their cars on their mobiles driving one handed around hairpins on the wrong side of the road). However I also thought about the other side of the coin as well.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

BBC reporting -  Italy Tornado fighter jets collide near Ascoli Empty tornado's

Post by sebastiano Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 pm

ghiro wrote:Dreadful - but  I bet one of the pilots was on his mobile phone.

actually this is the fifth similar incident concerning Tornados in a couple of years...the others were in Germany (ontheir phones?) and the others in the UK (looking at facebook?) it appears (they say) that their could be a /some problems with this aeroplane.....but dare we say the RAF were on their phones?
sebastiano
sebastiano
Elder

http://www.contradadurano.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Tornado Crash apparently no official reason given yet.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down