The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Document providing tradesmen prices - prezzario?

+3
Gala Placidia
The Original Relaxed
stevegwmonkseaton
7 posters

Go down

Document providing tradesmen prices - prezzario? Empty Document providing tradesmen prices - prezzario?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:45 am

On the old forum I came across a post a long time back where an official document link was provided which give the costs to have work done by tradesmen. This document was 2007, so well out of date, does anyone know if there was ever a later document produced and where to find it? I'm looking for the  current cost of tiling, just tiling and final clean per square meter.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Document providing tradesmen prices - prezzario? Empty Re: Document providing tradesmen prices - prezzario?

Post by The Original Relaxed Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:14 am

These prezzzari are produced by each provincia/regione, and they follow slightly different formats, and have different paragraph numbers - so if you want to compare a price with one on a specific computo metrico you should try and find the same version (date and region) as the one used to prepare the computo. However, the actual prices don't vary hugely, and I'll give you a link to the Emilia Romagna one which downloads nicely as a pdf. Tiling prices start on page 106. (The fact this prezzario mentions terremoto isn't relevant, it just explains why it is so up to date!)
http://www.regione.emilia-romagna.it/terremoto/gli-atti-per-la-ricostruzione/prezziario.pdf

Be wary of deciding that you have read a prezzario correctly, if you look up a light switch (for example) you have to add on to that price a load of stuff from another bit of the document covering wiring, chasing out, filling in, the consumer unit, possibly electric line into the building etc - so you can't just add up all the electrical bits you see and decide that is how much your electrics 'should' cost. No prices are set in stone, they are only guide prices.

Floor tiling (laying, grouting, tile format, etc) shouldn't be too difficult to read accurately - but there will be separate entries for cleaning and some extras for tricky cutting and maybe other aspects! As you'll see, pavimenti start on page 106, I haven't looked, but I expect pavimenti finish on about page 140.

If the link doesn't work, or if you want to look at your region, then search on prezzario edilizia pdf - plus your provincia - many prezzari are accessible in strange formats suitable only for Italian geometras with hobbled versions of Excel, which is why it's handy to include pdf as a search term. These are all public documents, and if a site starts to ask you to register or download their proprietary software, then just find another site.
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Document providing tradesmen prices - prezzario? Empty Re: Document providing tradesmen prices - prezzario?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:12 pm

Thanks Lax, think I found the details here Abruzzo link Tiles ,but there seems to be so many prices for different tiles, type and colour... affraid

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:23 pm

As Lax said, in the case of tiling, you can only get an idea of prices for laying, grouting, etc. Then, because of the large variety of tiles, with different sizes and shapes, final prices can vary enormously, not to mention the prices for the tiles themselves. Quite possibly, one of the most difficult building components to give a rough estimate.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:34 pm

As a general rule of thumb what we've found is get several tradesman in to do a quote for a job and pick one you are happy with (Price and Tradesman). All this having a recommended price for a job is plain stoopid 'cos not any tradesmen we know stick to a ''Recommended Price'', as there are too many variables involved so it's a nonsense; different tiles in size and material also types of grout make a huge difference to costs along with where you are having them fixed and what condition the surfaces are in.
Take the initiative and get a few quotes in and pay what you're happy with, don't rely on 'Official Guidelines' as you'll find tradesmen will laugh in your face. Laughing
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:05 pm

That's the wrong kinda TALE Flip.  affraid
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 pm

As Flip said - and I keep on telling every time someone asks a similar question - get a few quotes and compare. Also, keep in mind that the cheapest quote may not necessarily be the best.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 am

It's the wrong 'tale' and I'm not sure what has been let 'loose', but who cares !

tongue
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:01 am

Many thanks for your help folks. We had details from the builder broken down i.e. to take the old tiles off one price, prepare another, but tiling and final cleaning together. For 5 sqm floor and 20 sqm walls we thought €1200 for just the tiling and final clean was high. We've had quotes from 3 builders, not one has asked anything about the type of tiles we are buying or the design layout. Getting a small kitchen done 2 years back was the same and when it came to explaining the design and tiles we had the builder just said "I've never done anything like this design before" affraid affraid , but he did a reasonable job and certainly did not alter the cost... The builder for the bathroom has now lowered his quote by about a third, so well done all... Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ourtoscana Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Tiling can be very important given that you may be looking at it for many years to come. I generally pay about 40 to 45euro/sqm for wall tiling as I simply don't want the tiler looking at his watch and doing a bad job because they came low on a tender. This is really high added value work that is a disaster to rectify should there be a problem.

ourtoscana
Elder

http://www.ourtoscana.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks Ourtoscana, then our guy is/was a little over your top line (he's not now). Half way there and it's looking a good job up to now. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ourtoscana Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Great to hear Stevegw. Getting a good job done is always well worth the extra few euro per sqm!

ourtoscana
Elder

http://www.ourtoscana.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down