The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy

5 posters

Go down

Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy Empty Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Anyone have a recommendation for car (Italian reg) breakdown cover here in Italy?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy Empty Re: Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy

Post by Flip Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm

ACI gives different levels of cover (similar to the RAC) and operates Nationaly through a network of operators. Also they do many other things as well. http://www.aci.it/
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy Empty Re: Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:29 pm

A nice big + to you Flip.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 pm

If you insure with Diect Line they give you cover for a measly €20-ish
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks for the replies, we went with ACI Gold cover as we think we might be out on a limb if we break down here €79 is a little steeper than DirectLine, which we may look at next year as the insurance is due soon and we have already heard Italsure premiums have went through the roof since clements took over...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:30 am

Re Italsure. Our premium with Clements/Italsure went up by about 12% back in April; it was explained as Clements do not give a No Claims Discount as such and their premiums are in US Dollars which can be affected by currency fluctuations. Also in general Premiums rose quite dramatically in Italy this year; and if you look at the standard of driving you will understand.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:24 am

I think the premium rise in Italy is a bit of a red herring. My quote was very little different to last year so I don't kow where they get that from...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:34 am

The hint someone said was that Clements don't really care and don't want the business here in Italy, supposedly by a member of staff. Other people with other companies have also said their premium is little different this year. The dollar exchange would make little difference against as it has not risen that much against the pound and they quote in dollars in any case. We will look around when the time comes. Thanks all for the help on the breakdown cover, just hoping we don't need it.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for breakdown cover while living in Italy Empty My Choices

Post by Vicino Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 am

I'm with ACI (gold).........European wide cover for €89 seems very reasonable.

I have insurance through Direct Line (Italy) and this year they reduced my premium by €138 !!!!!

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 am

Last year, in Spain, insurance companies tried to increase premiums. Direct Line (Spain) was trying to charge us substantially more than the year before and we have never made a claim (fingers crossed). My husband rang the competition and got a couple of lower quotes. Then rang Direct Line and told them that he was not happy with them and that he had those lower quotes... they immediately matched the lowest one... It is not very honest, really pirat
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down