The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escape to the Continent - Abruzzo

+2
stevegwmonkseaton
Neil D
6 posters

Go down

Escape to the Continent - Abruzzo Empty Escape to the Continent - Abruzzo

Post by Neil D Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

Today's BBC2 Escape to the Continent at 1830 focuses on Abruzzo.  Doesn't say where specifically.
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

Escape to the Continent - Abruzzo Empty Re: Escape to the Continent - Abruzzo

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm sure they will be like many other programs and flit all over the place... I had spotted this on the local forum here and passed it on to family as they seem more interested than us! No doubt we will be shown the recording of it when we go over and have to comment on what we already know.... Still it is good for the place to get the publicity when you see the people here struggling so much with the economic climate...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:56 pm

This is the house they liked apparently RightMove LINK. Well over priced for this area.... It is reported the couple eventually bought in northern tuscany, can't understand why!   Wink  Wink

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:52 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:It is reported the couple eventually bought in northern tuscany, can't understand why!   Wink  Wink

Inexplicable!  Cool
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Why do they always feature northern / eastern Abruzzo?  What about the southern border with the province of Frosinone?
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:34 am

Neil D wrote:Why do they always feature northern / eastern Abruzzo?  What about the southern border with the province of Frosinone?

Well I would hazard a guess there are no/few houses there, it's too far from the airport, lots of it are in the National park, most in the mountains and it's too near Rome...  I would say South of Abruzzo is Molise...  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Oh and apart from which the North is by far the prettier, why they even looked at chishiteshire I'll never know  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:55 am

I had a good look at the property and I find it superb! Great location, 1 full hectare of garden, and a gorgeous old mill, tastefully renovated with top materials. Reasonably priced if you take into account all what it offers. But then... I am very partial to 17th-18th Century mills   Razz  
Just imagine how much it may cost nowadays to build it from scratch....If you put down 1 million, you will not get much change...
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Here in Abruzzo it's about €130,000 over priced.... Shocked  Shocked

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:22 pm

As you say, Steve, typically over-priced property for that hackneyed region.  The real bargains are further south in the land of the Ciociari. Twisted Evil
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

Escape to the Continent - Abruzzo Empty Ha!

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Neil D wrote:As you say, Steve, typically over-priced property for that hackneyed region.  The real bargains are further south in the land of the Ciociari. Twisted Evil

Ha! Amazing, I'm looking at this commie southerner, thinking who the hell would be living in France and saying such things!!! Shows how much notice I take,I thought the "FR" under Neil was France!!!! I did not even look at the rest of it, but did wonder what you were doing on here....  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perlasca Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Ciociari....now I understand the title of Moravia's book Very Happy  Thanks Neil D and Wikipedia!

I have to say I found the presenter of this programme more than a little grating.  And particularly laughed at what was described as a "fantastic view", which it was, but also included some pretty intrusive electricity pylons

Perlasca
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Perlasca wrote:........  And particularly laughed at what was described as a "fantastic view", which it was, but also included some pretty intrusive electricity pylons

Fortunately we don't have too many of those pylon views as most are down below us! Those I've seen you remarkably get used to and never notice. Someone on another forum remarked how those views were not replicated in the area the people eventually bought (Garfagnana?). This is something I mentioned here a few weeks ago and people came back saying there were mountain views. Personally we thought the area they have bought was stunning, better than or as good as the South of Tuscany, but not quite the same as here....

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Perlasca wrote:Ciociari....now I understand the title of Moravia's book Very Happy  Thanks Neil D and Wikipedia!I have to say I found the presenter of this programme more than a little grating.  And particularly laughed at what was described as a "fantastic view", which it was, but also included some pretty intrusive electricity pylons

Glad to be of assistance.
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:04 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Ha! Amazing, I'm looking at this commie southerner, thinking who the hell would be living in France and saying such things!!! Shows how much notice I take,I thought the "FR" under Neil was France!!!! I did not even look at the rest of it, but did wonder what you were doing on here....  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Why would anyone want to have a holiday home in France especially when my family originates from la provincia di Frosinone and specifically the Val Comino therein?  Scemo!
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Neil D wrote:
stevegwmonkseaton wrote:Ha! Amazing, I'm looking at this commie southerner, thinking who the hell would be living in France and saying such things!!! Shows how much notice I take,I thought the "FR" under Neil was France!!!! I did not even look at the rest of it, but did wonder what you were doing on here....  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Why would anyone want to have a holiday home in France especially when my family originates from la provincia di Frosinone and specifically the Val Comino therein?  Scemo!

Sorry Neil, I must look up this place to see what wonders it has to offer (obviously cheap houses...).  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:00 am

'Escape to the Continent' is off to Umbria tonight at 18:30 GMT on BBC2.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 am

Excellent...........thanks ghiro !

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down