The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boosting membership.

+16
Carciofo
FBower
Sagraiasolar
Vicino
LisaSard
Smeralda
Lisa C.
The Original Relaxed
Admin
Centauro
Miss Demeanor
Gala Placidia
Geotherm
ghiro
stevegwmonkseaton
Flip
20 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Boosting membership. - Page 2 Empty Boosting membership.

Post by Flip Thu May 30, 2013 1:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys as we struggle around the 40 mark for members is it about time to go on a membership drive to open up the Forum to new members?
I have just Tweeted details of our new Forum to my followers, why not do the same with yours or can you use any other means to wake up the Italian Loving Community to the Best Italy Forum yet (Probably)
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Boosting membership. - Page 2 Empty Re: Boosting membership.

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Certainly, Penny. You have already done more than could be expected in such a short time. Perhaps you could get more help from those who know more about this topic. Sorry, I am a total ignorant, I can't volunteer Embarassed
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Think Penny is doing an excellent job... but these excuses about 2 yr olds and a job..., well the holiday we can all understand as they take time... Smile Smile Smile Thanks Penny, will continue to try to find you some help/info...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Well, the good news is that we have reached 50 members!!! Welcome "Il Salmone" cheers
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 am

Well done Penny, as they say 'slowly slowly catchee monkey'; well at least we've caught a Salmon.....
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks for the love I love you

I'm not offended. Feedback is great - keep it coming.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Centauro Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Membership.

Just wondering if there's any mileage (or kilometrage if you prefer) in PMing the odd member OTR now that we have access again? Rickardo for example looks like he might be ready to jump.
Centauro
Centauro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Relaxed Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:08 pm

I think it is almost impossible to start a new forum these days. Certainly if it's aiming at such a big subject as'Italy'.

I don't know about the rest of you, but almost all of my social interactions with people I only know virtually (hurling abuse, arguing and sharing jokes, very occasionally information) now happen on Twitter - and if I used Facebook I'm sure that'd be the place I'd go to for people I genuinely know.

I use forums to get very specific information (like where are the hidden screws so I can take an iPad apart), and I either get an answer by googling the model number (and a hit on a forum thread) or by asking a geeky question and getting an instant answer. Then I'll probably never visit that forum again.

When the Italymag forum realised that it wasn't going to cut it with the social traffic side of stuff, and when there aren't a lot of people (at this point in the economic cycle) who want to know where the screws are hidden, it really isn't any kind of asset to the magazine any more. So it's utterly pointless for them to keep it going and I can't understand why they don't just bin it.

This forum (though kudos for giving it a go, despite Chillout's lack of enthusiastic response to his past efforts to get a very similar forum going) serves me only to keep an eye on the opinions of a few virtual friends who don't figure on the abruzzo forum. Now that abruzzo forum is a bizarre success because it seems to perfectly reproduces the local pub atmosphere, coupled with the remarkable number of foreign newcomers to that region who ask bits of questions just as they would do in the local bar.

It doesn't plese me to be negative, but honestly I think a dead horse is being flogged!
The Original Relaxed
The Original Relaxed
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Lax, I have to agree with you - but only to a certain degree. This type of forum isn't just about asking/getting answers - you already know that.

The interaction between members builds a comfort zone and although most of us have "been there and done that" (Lord knows I don't really want to write yet another "Naples" thread - but I will if others want me to) so there is a need for the type of forum where people "get to know" each other.

It's the personal stuff that makes a forum like this interesting on so many levels - including the arguments, disagreements, support and of course, the practical help. You have a lot to offer - perhaps not to those of us who are long in the tooth, but certainly to the new members we all hope we will attract in the near future.
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:56 pm

Perhaps we need more time and visibility. I reckon that we will get more members in the next few weeks.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 am

Time, yes that is certainly part of the answer. I also partly agree with Lax, in as much as forums have seen their day as a social beast, but I do not think that this is the case regards specific "Italy" information (mainly buying me thinks). The abruzzo forum is great, and yes different, but it's specifically "Abruzzo", where as I often want a broader "Italy" view. There are a few hard core members here that make forums because of their in depth knowledge of the subject. The latter is where this forum can make it, but it will take a determination by everyone to keep it going if it is to do so. The Abruzzo forum does not have a massive membership and very few that often take part. Is number the only measure of success of a forum? I think this forum is doing ok in it's infancy..

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:57 am

.. oh dear I should have read the points post first.. I take it all back! Razz🤡No

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Good to see a few more joining on here now, hope it continues
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Great to see numbers growing. A warm welcome to all recent members cheers
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Currently 53 Very Happy
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:12 am

Correction, we are 54! Welcome Rachel68 cheers
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:49 am

And now, 55 with Smeralda! Welcome, neighbour cheers
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:32 pm

I just posted a reminder about this site to Rickardo. 

On a different note, has anyone requested and gotten the contents of their e-mail at the It. Mag?  I have requested it four times now as I have some info saved that I need, gotten one response that it was being worked on, but still nothing sent.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 pm

You wont get what you have asked for Lisa.  Either create a stink by posting again over the road (post it in a NEW thread) - or forget about it
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Will write another new post if they don't respond within two days.  I had posted once in a new thread as well as sent 3 e-mails. Ugh!
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Demeanor Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I'll take anyones money - who wants to bet they wont respond?
Miss Demeanor
Miss Demeanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Miss Demeanor wrote:I'll take anyones money - who wants to bet they wont respond?

Well, who would have believed it?  I just received a zip e-mail with all of the contents of my inbox attached.  Along with it was a note that they had originally sent everything May 30, but I never got that one.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 am

This is a first for me - I posted a reply to Rickardo today and let him know about this site and voila - the entire thread that he started has disappeared.  Enough said - tried to do my bit to help promote our new forum.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:08 am

They don't seem to understand that people would be likely to frequent both. Instead they ban people for even mentioning us which hacks them off and they don't go back! Very childish.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:42 am

Seems to be that they do not like adverse comments. I saw the posts have gone as well ...... obviously run by a load of self centred kids, who love to throw their toys out of prams.
Must be the most petty site I have ever visited now, but they obviously have to make their mark!!!!
Thanks for trying Lisa
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:38 pm

I thought about reposting the link to this Forum on the What is happening with the IT Community site? post section but am afraid if I do so that they will delete the entire thread and then would be no mention of us on the site.  Oh well...

I just tried to reply directly to Geotherm's quote but it wasn't working properly.  His quote came up but then it appeared that I would just be adding to it.  Perhaps there is a glitch in the system?
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum