The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawnmower repairs and hire of equipment

5 posters

Go down

Lawnmower repairs and hire of equipment Empty Lawnmower repairs and hire of equipment

Post by strawberrystar Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:19 am

Hello all

Wonder if someone might be able to help?

i have a petrol Honda lawnmower at my house in Force, AP, Marche. The self drive seems to have broken (important as we have a lot of grass!). Does anyone near me know of a place I could take it to get it repaired? And how much I might expect to pay for this and/or a service?

I am also thinking I will need to hire a pressure washer for a day or so. Can anyone help me there!?

Thank you all

strawberrystar
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Lawnmower repairs and hire of equipment Empty Re: Lawnmower repairs and hire of equipment

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:57 am

Welcome StrawberryStar...

Can't really help locally as we are next door in Abruzzo, but here we have found two places by word of mouth. Both these places are/were tiny shacks which we would have never found or went to without being advised. We have since found that one of them Bianchini is renowned for miles around. As to costs, they were at first very cheap, now I would say just cheap, but do an excellent job. I would suggest you ask around and see if a number of people come up with the same answer. Failing your near neighbours, ask at the ferramenta's. The latter depends on how good/cheap they are, but they may themselves have a contract with a local fix-it place (sure that ours uses Bianchini - which is miles away). Good thing about doing things locally is that they normally look after you better... I'm sure or local garage would do the lawn mower...  Good luck!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Lawnmower repairs and hire of equipment Empty Re: Lawnmower repairs and hire of equipment

Post by Geotherm Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi StrawberryStar and welcome.
If you can get the mower into Comunanza, as it's not that far from you, then try the guy in the large garage, that is just after the small roundabout on the Amandola road. I usually have him look at any garden machinery.
He is in the garage complex on the left hand side, next to the tyre shop.
Another alternative if you can get to Sarnano, is the large garden machinery store just on the left as you enter Sarnano from Amandola. Name is Valessi. They seem to repair just about everything.
HTH
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrystar Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will be sure to check out those places on my next visit. Geotherm - have you got any thoughts on how much I might expect to pay for a service on the mower?

Anyone got any ideas on where I might hire a pressure washer?

Thanks all....

strawberrystar
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:56 pm

I would avoid Vallesi as he's famous for over-charging. I second the guy in Comunanza and also the guy in the petrol station in Monte San Martino.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Pressure washer I've just not seen done here and somehow doubt it would go down well, too much water and other methods employed e.g. leave it as it is...  or chemicals ...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Pressure Washer: If you carry on from the garage in Comunanza towards Amandola, just before a sharp left hand bend, there is a small industrial estate. The place in there called "Pastucci", hires out equipment, so you may get one from him.
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by strawberrystar Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Thank you all very much Surprised)

strawberrystar
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:18 pm

StrawberryStar.
Just found this for the Honda centres in the local area, if you have no luck with the other places.

http://power.hondaitalia.com/garden/concessionari.aspx?id=1&provincia=Ascoli%20Piceno
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:42 am

The guy in the petrol station at Monte San Martino will no doubt loan you one to try if he has one (wish I could remember his name !) Some years ago I took a lawnmower to him, he spent FOUR hours stripping it to bits ( and saying the odd 'Mammamia!) and sorted it out for me.

I asked how much do I owe him and he said  €5 (FIVE EUROS !!!).

I saw a 'presumably' professional cleaning up s shop front in Piane Di Falerone just last week using a pressure washer, so they are used. If you're in the Servigliano area, on the main road heading out of town away from Amandola, there is a VERY good chap on the left (Sante) who will sort and fix anything garden related.

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:11 am

You can buy pressure washers in all the big DIY stores I've ever been too so I'm not sure why there is the thought that they are not used here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down